🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here it is, my 2016 wrap-up. As you all know, I hardly got out this year like I normally do. I think I made like 10 or 12 posts all year which is way way down from prior years. My addition project took up the majority of my spare time. That being said, I am happy with the results of my limited time this year. Managed 5 coppers including 2 great KGII's 2 large cents, and a good shape 1828 half cent. Got 24 silver coins, including an undatable 1/2 reale, and a bucket lister Franklin half. No slqs or seated this year but that's ok. Also got 3 miscellaneous silver items for a total of 27 silver, also way down from prior years. Only 3 buffs and 3 indians this year, no shields or v nicks. I have a total of 154 wheats, way way down from last year's 330+. I managed some pretty sweet flat buttons including the incredible gold gilded one. Got some crotals, a barrel spigot, my 1st ox knob, and some other odds and end relics. All in all it was fun when I did actually get out. Glad I got to hunt with some good people. Also glad I got to help Nepa-Will nail down his bucket lister large cent, that was a great day. Hoping 2017 is a great year for all of us. Merry Christmas and Happy New year guys! 20161219_093801-1.jpg 20161219_093840-1.jpg 20161219_093723-1.jpg 20161219_093645-1.jpg 20161219_093623-1.jpg 20161219_091609.jpg 20161219_091547-1.jpg 20161219_091446-1.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-12-19 09.49.51-1.png
    2016-12-19 09.49.51-1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 209

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like you did good for not swinging much. Nice haul

MARRY CHRISTMAS

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris it's not last year's haul but not too bad since your wife is only allowing you to only drive 20 nails a day either that or you are building a huge addition. Merry Christmas and next digging year will be here before you know it.

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it! A nice assortment of finds. Any year with a half cent, British copper, Spanish silver, and an intact barrel tap (to name a few) is far from shabby! Merry Christmas back

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been wondering what happen to you.. I figured you went stealth mode... Awesome job on your finds for the year.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I could find that much nice stuff I would put an addition on my house

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all it looks like you still had a very good year for not getting out much. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that's a lot of great stuff!! I know how hard we work for it and how much we all enjoy it Thanks for sharing all of your finds I'm still gathering mine for the year total pics This is what helps me get through these boring MI winters. Also you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also Tommy

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with a year like that with limited time to hunt!! Big silver, Spanish silver and the old coppers alone would have been enough for me. Congrats on a Great year!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you had a very good year with lots of cool relics, coins and jewelry, congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! A nice assortment of finds. Any year with a half cent, British copper, Spanish silver, and an intact barrel tap (to name a few) is far from shabby! Merry Christmas back
thanks alot!, I've been fortunate enough to find a spanish silver each of the past 3 yrs

Chris it's not last year's haul but not too bad since your wife is only allowing you to only drive 20 nails a day either that or you are building a huge addition. Merry Christmas and next digging year will be here before you know it.
lol cmon man! It's called working 50-60 hrs a week full time and then on my 1 or 2 days off a week for 5 to 6 hrs each time building the stupid thing virtually alone lol!!! Thanks for the kind words bud lmao!!!

Looks to me like you did good for not swinging much. Nice haul

MARRY CHRISTMAS
thanks, just wish I had more time!

Nice bunch of finds congrats
thanks art!

I have been wondering what happen to you.. I figured you went stealth mode... Awesome job on your finds for the year.
thanks jim, I miss coming on this site 3-4 days a week like I've always did. I'll be back full force soon!

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I could find that much nice stuff I would put an addition on my house
lol thanks jeff!

All in all it looks like you still had a very good year for not getting out much. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:
thanks I'm pleased with the results, had fun and hunted along with good friends!

Amazing that's a lot of great stuff!! I know how hard we work for it and how much we all enjoy it Thanks for sharing all of your finds I'm still gathering mine for the year total pics This is what helps me get through these boring MI winters. Also you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also Tommy
thanks alot, can't wait to see your post!

Nothing wrong with a year like that with limited time to hunt!! Big silver, Spanish silver and the old coppers alone would have been enough for me. Congrats on a Great year!!
thanks alot deershed! It's been fun, limited, but fun!

I think you had a very good year with lots of cool relics, coins and jewelry, congratulations! :occasion14:
thanks professor!, hoping for a quick winter!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great year you had....your limited number of hunts were certainly productive!.....good luck with the house too....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had a great season for the few hunts that you enjoyed. :occasion14: Great quality of finds Chris. I'm hoping you get more time to swing the coil in 2017. Wishing you and your's a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great year you had....your limited number of hunts were certainly productive!.....good luck with the house too....
thank you dave!, can't wait to get back at it next yr!

You had a great season for the few hunts that you enjoyed. :occasion14: Great quality of finds Chris. I'm hoping you get more time to swing the coil in 2017. Wishing you and your's a Merry Christmas and happy holiday season.
thanks kevin!, I'm hoping to get more time and more permissions in 2017!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds for a limited hunting season, cjon. It may not be quantity, by your standards, but the quality is unmistakable!! Your optimism looking forward will serve you well in 2017!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Chris!

Hopefully you can get out more in 2017.

Bes of luck to you sir!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what little time you had to hunt was well spent! Congrats on some nice finds this year.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great finds for a limited hunting season, cjon. It may not be quantity, by your standards, but the quality is unmistakable!! Your optimism looking forward will serve you well in 2017!!
thanks chizzy, I'm pleased with the results. Anytime I can add a little treasure to the treasure chest is a good day for me!

Well done Chris!

Hopefully you can get out more in 2017.

Bes of luck to you sir!
thanks tom!, right back at ya buddy!

Looks like what little time you had to hunt was well spent! Congrats on some nice finds this year.
thanks tommy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread