Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Like Steve PA, I hunted less, and had nearly no new sites.

New (old) sites are key to being productive for sure.
Also like Steve at least a couple of my best finds did come from old revisited sites.

I got nothing off my top ten list, like silver cache (#1), belt plate (#2), wax seal (#3), etc., but still I did manage some firsts, like biggest crotal bell ever, ( less than a mile from home), best jewelry day (afternoon) ever with two golds, and nicest early navy button ever. (a banner find for sure IMO)

Overall am pretty pleased with the 20 hunting days recorded on the books.

The lot of it.

find16rev01.JPG

A couple things that went through the tumbler with the clad. (I have a big tumbler)

find16rev08.JPG

No the BIG crotal didn't go in the tumbler, and note how the musket balls turned black after 4 hours ?
I liked the brass / copper square spike.

Best Coppers this year included the rarest date Canada LC 1858 a first, but favorites were.
1792 french 2 sols.

find16rev05.jpg

and
1692 W&M Irish HP

find16rev06.JPG

Best button, came with a 50 cent piece, got live VID. Orig. Post.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/501369-best-navy-button-1812ish-most-guilt-silver-half-dollar-live-video-too-boot.html

find16rev03.JPG

Buckle hunt one day, includes a US civil war wreath, and near complete shoe buckle...still waiting on a complete one. (head bang!)..the copper is a 1650's French Liard.

find16rev02.JPG

Best ever beach hunt in 9 years. From the chain and left was one afternoon.

find16rev04.JPG

And some scrap.

find16rev12.JPG

Yes some diggers did much better, but all things considered it was a very good year for me.

Oh, and thanks to my new ebike which has 2800+ kms now for helping me out.

find16rev14.JPG

Good Luck out there.

Rick

and just for fun check out the snow cone in the front yard on about dec. 15th.

IMG_2080.JPG

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for showing your 2016 finds. I'm new to this and think you were very efficient in quality items found with amount of time you spent!

And like your ebicycle. Hope you the best in 2017!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for the photos! :occasion14: You had an excellent year with coin and relic finds, congratulations! :notworthy:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found 3 more gold rings than I did this year.:BangHead: My resolution is to find ONE gold ring in 2017!:tongue3:
My fav. Is your Air Corp ring.... gotta be WW1...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey for 20 hunts you did awesome, what makes those finds better is that you pulled them from sites you've already hunted. I really like that flyers ring you pulled. Hoping you get in more than 20 hunts in 2017.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of quality in 20 hunts, Rick!! It would be interesting to see what you could accomplish with 40...........
Congratulations on a great 2016 and best of luck in 2017!!

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found 3 more gold rings than I did this year.:BangHead: My resolution is to find ONE gold ring in 2017!:tongue3:
My fav. Is your Air Corp ring.... gotta be WW1...

Thanks BWD, I normally only average one gold per year, so this year is way above average for me. It was the great old virgin swimming hole that I found that did it. Find a good old swimming place and you'll likely get yourself a ring or two.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea, I gotta hit the beach more often....as for swimming holes?.....nope. Too many gators!:tongue3:

freddy67

Greenie
Apr 30, 2015
Mahone Bay
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett euroace, Teknetics omega 8000, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, With no snow yet the swinging season might start early his year. Cheers All

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not have been out as much as you wanted but I would say a great season regardless...Nice early Navy!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice year Rick, you dug 3 gold rings and I have never found one in all the years I have detected. I love the early naval button and a couple of those colonal coppers. Good luck in 2017, hope you find a virgin colonial site!

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Newbie here I will find my way to introduction soon just want to say "Thanks for sharing Rick!!" That stuff is awesome!! I would die to hunt Nova Scotia seems to be the epicenter right now as to the whom discovered North America and when! (I am very jealous and very grateful you shared!)

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Newbie here I will find my way to introduction soon just want to say "Thanks for sharing Rick!!" That stuff is awesome!! I would die to hunt Nova Scotia seems to be the epicenter right now as to the whom discovered North America and when! (I am very jealous and very grateful you shared!)

Thanks you...where you at ?

Well there is no known proof (that I am aware) in Nova Scotia, but there is proof of Viking settlements in Newfoundland about 1000AD. (not far away)

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, With no snow yet the swinging season might start early his year. Cheers All
Hopefully we get back to that "jewelry hole" this year.

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from Boston Mass. lived in New Milford Ct for awhile and have lived here in Charlotte NC for the last 30 years. I am well aware of the Newfoundland sites and their importance. (It was so awesome when the husband and wife duo found it while following the Viking sagas) I think there has been some Templar coins purportedly found when they were digging the causeway to Oak island that supposedly dated to the 1300's? Isn't there also a town in or around Nova Scotia known as "New Ross" thought to possibly have been inhabited by Price Henry Sinclair? (I find it all amazing and I will always look at your stuff whenever you are so kind to show it!)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of great coins and a killer navy button. Lots of great relics including a beautiful Jews harp. Hope next year is full of killer finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread