All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations Chuck! You are a great guy and hunting partner! Big Gold and Silver in 2017! :occasion14:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Chuck! You are a great guy and hunting partner! Big Gold and Silver in 2017! :occasion14:

Thanks, Terry. I appreciate the compliments.........and hope you are correct about the upcoming year. Right back at ya, brother............:thumbsup:

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you figured out how to put the puzzle ring together yet? I found one just like it and it has puzzled me and many others. It came out of the ground solved and then fell apart as I grabbed it. Anyways, great finds for your rookie year. If mine could have been half that good Id be a lot better of now

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you figured out how to put the puzzle ring together yet? I found one just like it and it has puzzled me and many others. It came out of the ground solved and then fell apart as I grabbed it. Anyways, great finds for your rookie year. If mine could have been half that good Id be a lot better of now

LOL.....that puzzle ring came out just as it appears in the pic. I've tried several times to puzzle it back together, but it always ends up being a "3 ring circus"!!
Thanks for the compliment, rainorshine.........sure hope your 2017 is a productive year!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good for your first year! I'm sure you learned a lot and will far exceed those totals in 2017 if you can find the time to get out regularly.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome year!! I'm not much more then a rookie myself.
You killed it learning this hobby and your detector!! Nothing wrong at all with your season. Congrats!

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats my first year as well you got me beat good job!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a rookie season you did GREAT! Here's a really interesting point on your finds. You found a disproportionate amount of war nickels. With more than 35 years experience what that tells me is you've been detecting spots that have been hit hard by people who don't know their detector or don't dig some of the signals that aren't "perfect". A year or so ago I hit a school yard that had been pounded by other detectorists including myself. I went with the specific plan to focus on nickels and hope maybe some gold would pop out. After a few hours I had 29 nickels including 4 war nickels, but I also found some Mercs and Roosies as well as a piece of gold. Although I've been detecting for a long time, I learned a lot that day. Made a big difference to my totals for this year. Photo is just some of my V and Shield nickels for this year. Also ended up with 221 Indians and 157 pieces of silver, a best in both categories. Happy Hunting in 2017!

20170102_173144 nickels.jpg

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people don't have that type of season in the first couple of years let alone in the debut season..Congrats

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good for your first year! I'm sure you learned a lot and will far exceed those totals in 2017 if you can find the time to get out regularly.

Thanks, Steve.......I hope to find some of the quality you have found in our home state in the coming year......good luck to you in 2017, also!!
As for finding time........I'll make time, somehow!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome year!! I'm not much more then a rookie myself.
You killed it learning this hobby and your detector!! Nothing wrong at all with your season. Congrats!

Thank you, deershed. I'm hoping to be as accomplished as you are 3 years into detecting.
And, good fortune to you this detecting season..............looking forward to seeing your finds!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats my first year as well you got me beat good job!

Thank you, gold panner. We're not competing, my friend........we're just comparing notes and trying to help each other. I'm sure the experience we both got in 2016 will propel us onto better finds in 2017. Good luck to you!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a rookie season you did GREAT! Here's a really interesting point on your finds. You found a disproportionate amount of war nickels. With more than 35 years experience what that tells me is you've been detecting spots that have been hit hard by people who don't know their detector or don't dig some of the signals that aren't "perfect". A year or so ago I hit a school yard that had been pounded by other detectorists including myself. I went with the specific plan to focus on nickels and hope maybe some gold would pop out. After a few hours I had 29 nickels including 4 war nickels, but I also found some Mercs and Roosies as well as a piece of gold. Although I've been detecting for a long time, I learned a lot that day. Made a big difference to my totals for this year. Photo is just some of my V and Shield nickels for this year. Also ended up with 221 Indians and 157 pieces of silver, a best in both categories. Happy Hunting in 2017!

View attachment 1398551

Thanks, don. I carefully read posts that applied to the Compadre and also talked to members. What I learned was that the best way to use my machine was to set up for nickels/gold. I found plenty of nickels, but sadly, no gold. I try to judge the success of my hunts by the number or percentage of finds that are nickels.........that tells me if I'm on the right track. (We won't talk about pull-tabs, though!!) And, the deeper the nickel, the better!!
You certainly have a wonderful collection of old nicks for 2016!! No doubt you will put that knowledge to good use in 2017!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most people don't have that type of season in the first couple of years let alone in the debut season..Congrats

Thank you, Patriot........no doubt it was a combination of good locations and some luck. Now, let's see if I can avoid that "sophomore jinx"!!

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know we are not competing just giving you a good natured thumbs up. I was pumped with my first year, like you I was lucky with some good sites hopefully I can repeat this year as well! lets make year two great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread