Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you had an amazing year, Loco! Gotta love the silver, but you've also collected some really impressive relics. Congratulations, and I hope 2017 is even better!

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great haul. Out of curiosity whats your silver coin cleaning method? [emoji2]

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
Loco, that is easy. Last year I dug a Morgan, a couple Barber halves, quarters and a bunch of dimes, and a nice gold ring.

I have NEVER dug a Walking Libby Half. OR a class ring.

I will take a Walker and save the class ring for next year. When I finally see that pretty lady, I will post it here.

thanks beerguy, do me a favor, think of the coin you'd like to dig this year. Now just set it in your mind that you WILL find it. Many of my keepers are dug when I grid old permissions, but some have been found when I was on auto pilot going on gut feeling. This year I had a Morgan and a class ring on my mind for the whole year, I just knew I was going to find one of each. Fast forward to a hunt 12/24/16 I pulled 2 firsts. The Morgan and the class ring. Know it will happen, believe it will happen, and it will happen.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post, thanks for putting the time into the pictures. You had a very good year, these old silvers are eye candy! Always like the old american silvers coins, always prefered Lady Liberty on your coins than the Queen of England on ours, gives more character to the coins imho. Thanks for sharing Loco and wishing you an excellent 2017 season.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LD,

Good haul for 2016 and thanks for sharing....here's wishing you many more keepers for 2017.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds and awesome post. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks PA_NC

That was one fine year, Loco. Congrats.

Thanks John, I was little light on my dug silver coin goal though.

Not to many words can say it, Wow, thanks for sharing great pics, I hope to be as successful, Friends, family & Tnet members haven adventures & fun :headbang: :icon_thumright:

Thanks 7red7, detecting is my obsession, it is much more enjoyable when you have a bunch af crazies you can hunt with on occasion. It makes for great memories, never a dull moment.

That's a heck of a year Bud! Great finds and good memories, that's what it's all about.

HH, RN

Thanks rn, maybe we can get out and swing the coil together sometime this season.

some of us have to work for a living

Hey Jeff I work about 60 hours a week and only get out on the weekends to detect.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had an amazing year in 2016, CONGRATS! Hope 2017 is even better for you!

thanks SD51

Congrats on an outstanding year Loco.

thanks TH

You done good LD congrats on a very good year

Thanks Art, I am oping to pull a few more colonials this season and maybe a complete shoe buckle

Wooooow LOCO ---What an amazing year..... Great for you!

Thanks masterj it was a fun one for sure.

Very nice post Loco!

You have some really nice stuff.

See ya soon.

Thanks Tom, looking forward to hunting with you and the guys this spring. you seemed to have done well for yourself last weekend. Are you going to schedule some week night time at your last site?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice roundup buddy, great finds and I like your finds of memories spent with the mafia and bramble brothers!
I'm interested in your relic finds, is the one relic a stone knife in the center, just below the skeleton key?

Thanks Brad I think that is a fake spear head made of a soft metal. I never saw one before and can't find anything when I google different terms. I hope to see you in the spring buddy with the rest of the gang.

Wow, you had an amazing year, Loco! Gotta love the silver, but you've also collected some really impressive relics. Congratulations, and I hope 2017 is even better!

Thanks Tommy, I can appreciate a cool relic, I dug way more than I put in the Best of pics. I even dug the most ever older toys which I decided not to add to the photo shoot.

Great haul. Out of curiosity whats your silver coin cleaning method? [emoji2]

None of the silver coins have been cleaned, they all came out of the ground shiny and simply had to rinse them off and use a soft tooth brush. I am thankful for the nice soils in Ohio. If I pull one out that is real bad and is not a key date I have been known to use the baking soda, boiling water, and aluminum foil method.

Man that's a lot of sweet silver...:occasion14:...WTG LOCO....:icon_thumright:

Thanks PP I would like to just see your collection of rings from 2016.

Nice post, thanks for putting the time into the pictures. You had a very good year, these old silvers are eye candy! Always like the old american silvers coins, always prefered Lady Liberty on your coins than the Queen of England on ours, gives more character to the coins imho. Thanks for sharing Loco and wishing you an excellent 2017 season.

Thanks Bill I was so happy when I pulled my 1st walker, I had been looking for one so badly, now to find a trime, and maybe a dated SLQ.

Bartek

Apr 5, 2014
Northern NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and great post loco!! Congrats on a wide range of cool finds! Looking forward to a group hunt this year!!

Cheers,
Bart

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Loco-Digger, your past year was great! If your 2017 is even better, who knows what the display will be like next year this time! Really cool coin and relic finds, any or all would make my day. Here's to more days for you like this and others in the group doing the same! I'll be hoping to be able to put a little something like this together but thanks for what you showed!

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW very impressive. Good luck in 2017.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you are lucky with the soil being that nice on your silvers. Some of mine are as black as the dirt they came out of. I never did anything to mine but a rinse off with water also but it sucks knowing how a nice detailed old silver could look like but i don't want to mess with them! [emoji2][emoji106]

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that Morgan counts as 10 dimes, so that puts you over 50. Great 2016 bud. Hopefully we'll put you over a few oldies come springtime.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Outstanding Year, Loco, congratulations on a super haul. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LD,

Good haul for 2016 and thanks for sharing....here's wishing you many more keepers for 2017.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill Here's to all of us pulling many keepers in 2017. :occasion14:

Super job Loco, I love those big silvers.--JB

Thanks JB I think we all like big silvers. :icon_thumright: First year I was skunked, last year I dug 4 Lg, this year 7, hoping the trend continues. :headbang:

Great finds and great post loco!! Congrats on a wide range of cool finds! Looking forward to a group hunt this year!!

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart, looking forward to seeing you and the guys once again. It's going to be a great time.

Wow Loco-Digger, your past year was great! If your 2017 is even better, who knows what the display will be like next year this time! Really cool coin and relic finds, any or all would make my day. Here's to more days for you like this and others in the group doing the same! I'll be hoping to be able to put a little something like this together but thanks for what you showed!

Thanks dsdigger, I look forward to your best of post in the future.

WOW very impressive. Good luck in 2017.

Thanks ne-OH Good Luck to you also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread