2017 was a good year - Nova’s, Hammered silver, buckles, plates, and lots of copper

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Steve you sure had an awesome year! Those Nova Constelatio are on any serious relics hunter bucket list and to nail two of them in the same year is absolutely mind blowing. A great harvest of coins, relics and fossils! :icon_thumleft:
Wishing you the best of success in 2018! :occasion14:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a very productive year! I'm glad we got to hunt a few times together in 2017 along with the rest of the "*******s of bramble" (even if Steve 2's evaluation of Charlie's truck is on point!) I hope to hook up with you the next time we get a heat wave, just be ready, I remember being able to dig a few times you guys up north were still froze up? Also don't forget we can hook up and hunt with those Excal's, I'm sure there are some colonial swimming holes where our forefathers took a dip up your way? I might do a recap if I ever get a spare minute (too many hobbies, not enough time)
Here is a pic of you at the Hayfield where I found two Spanish silvers after that day hunting there, lol

Resized_20170221_074452.jpg

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is some year you put together there! All crazy old stuff too. That spanish cob half real might just get thrown in the trash by someone without much knowledge about them (like myself). Congrats on an awesome 2017 and I hope 18 is even better.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a fantastic year Scrappy! I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of your finds. I share your passion for colonial era history, and you inspire me to get out there and find my own little bits and pieces. Cheers!

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wow, you found some nice old stuff. I love the capped bust and also that wallet spill was way cool!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It sure shows that you put in the time and effort it takes to put that much good finds on the table from just one year! Hard work pays off when you can count up all the quality finds you have found.
Look out 2018, Scrappies coming!

Much appreciated man. I really do wish I had a chance at some of those same rev buttons you guys find up there. I’ve tried my arse off to find them down here and just can’t seem to get my coil over any. I suppose that’s what I’m dedicating 2018 to!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Steve , that was some year you had
I know you earned every coin and artifact you recovered
An original BOB for sure
Great year again good luck next year !

What can I say Charlie besides thanks for all the excellent company, laughs, and excellent sites. You have put quite a few coins in my pocket and it doesn’t go unnoticed. Thanks buddy!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Steve you sure had an awesome year! Those Nova Constelatio are on any serious relics hunter bucket list and to nail two of them in the same year is absolutely mind blowing. A great harvest of coins, relics and fossils! :icon_thumleft:
Wishing you the best of success in 2018! :occasion14:

Haha, the feeling is mutual buddy. It blew my mind to see your year end finds as well. That’s the best motivation.

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great year! Would be hard pressed to choose a favorite with so many great finds. Really like the pewter plate, I dug one from the early 1700s it's one of my favorite finds. You don't come by them often. Happy new year. Hope you have even a better 2018. Hh

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What an outstanding year you had Steve.
The Nova's and the Liberty Cap would make anybody's year.
Continued success in 2018

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, wow, wow! Totally stunning! The BEAUTIFUL first Nova you dug, goodness what a great coin! The belt plate, silver, lost spills of items (including the cool flint/musketball spill), what a great year.

Congrats!

-Buck

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow - that's an extremely impressive haul for one year Steve, and will certainly be hard to top in 2018. But with your dedication and hard work anything's possible. Hope you can get started soon after the freeze abates in a couple weeks. Supposed to be above normal temps for us the 2nd half of Jan. Good luck and Happy New Year .... Bill

dfallis1

Jan 5, 2016
Somewhere below the mason-dixon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus-
Garrett GTI 2500-
Garrett AT PRO- Garrett Pro-Pointer AT-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great year! Lots of amazing finds and some in great condition. Well done Steve. :notworthy:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve,

You had an amazing year finds wise. Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you and yours a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

Regards + HH

Bill

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG.Looks like you had a great year.

Last edited:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing year Steve. We get out of this hobby what we put into it. You go at it hard and the results speak for themselves. Two Nova's in one year is an incredible feat. The militia plate is another that I would love to dig. Best of luck in 2018.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread