Westchester, New York Beach Hunters

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New Westchester County, New York MD Club

The number of people calling me about metal detecting here in the Hudson Valley has grown so much that I think it is time to start a club. For the record, I don’t like hobby clubs for several reasons. The number ONE reason is know-it-all; I’m-smarter-than-you; My-equipment/technique-is-better-than-yours; blowhards. As a metal detectorist since 1977, I have experienced all aspects of the blowhard persona, and if you are one of these insecure, attention-needing freaks - do not expect to be welcomed into the fold.

Our new club will probably be unlike any other. You will move up the ranks of seniority by HELPING other members, and finding locations the club can hunt together. In fact, the price of full admission into our club will be hosting a club hunt at a location you found and have permission to hunt. No dues, no club officers, no “required” meetings.

My vision is a social network of like-minded hobbyists who actually enjoy meeting other people, swinging their machines, and growing/sharing their knowledge and experience base. As we get our membership together, we can explore bringing on local sponsors and equipment dealers to help us put together public relations and education projects that will benefit the club, local charities, and our various Hudson Valley communities.

The club will be based in White Plains, New York, the Westchester County seat, and will meet informally once a month to welcome new members, share finds, discuss new projects and hunts, and to recognize current members for their contributions to the club and fellow members. Our first meeting will be a get-to-know each other affair, at The Porter House in downtown White Plains (on Mamaroneck Ave).

If you are interested in attending please send an email with “Westchester MD Club” in the subject line to me at: [email protected] by Monday, April 30, 2012.

On May 1st, I’ll send everyone that emailed me the day and time to meet at The Porter House for our first meeting where I will kick things off by providing the location and day of our first club hunt! I am looking forward to meeting you. - Terry

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Westchester Metal Detecting Club, will hold our first get-to-know-each-other, on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:30pm ::.. PORTER HOUSE ..:: If you have any questions or get lost call me at 914-589-3985. Bring your wives, husbands, lovers and finds! - Terry

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TONIGHT!
The Westchester Metal Detecting Club, will hold our first get-to-know-each-other, on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:30pm ::.. PORTER HOUSE ..:: If you have any questions or get lost call me at 914-589-3985. Bring your wives, husbands, lovers and finds! - Terry​

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an incredible turnout! From Fishkill to the Bronx, and everywhere in between! Just a fantastic first get-together. We overwhelmed the wait staff a little, but next time I'll make sure they are ready for 30 or so! Wednesday June 20, 2012 at 630pm at the Porterhouse in White Plains - Be There!

TONIGHT!
The Westchester Metal Detecting Club, will hold our first get-to-know-each-other, on Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 6:30pm ::.. PORTER HOUSE ..:: If you have any questions or get lost call me at 914-589-3985. Bring your wives, husbands, lovers and finds! - Terry​

junkyarddog

Greenie
Mar 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you had good turn out.I havent been out in a couple of months now.I hunt southern westchester north bronx.Got a couple of friends that do that long island historic farm hunts. Not my thing to much to dig here.I bet we hunt same spots but never ran into each other yet.Its hard for me to get away from work i work for myself so when the phone rings i run.When i get some time i guess we will meet up and maybe dig that hard to get gold coin.Thanks

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be sure to send me an email with: Your Name (first Name Only is Fine!), Telephone Number, Type of machine you use, Type of detecting you do most (beach, park, totlot, farm fields, coinshooter, jewelry, relics), and the days you are usually free to hunt. I'll put the list together and get it out to everyone.

A huge Thank You to John, for getting Andrew at New England Detectors Contact Us : New England Detectors, Discover The Detectorist in You !! to donate a top of the line Lesche digging tool for an upcoming club raffle!!! Thank You NED!!!

Looking to leave White Plains at 4:30am on Monday, June 25th, to catch the 6am low tide at Jones Beach on Long Island. Will be back in White Plains by 12pm. Parking pass on car, so we will just split gas and tolls. (914) 589-3985. You NEED a permit! Long Island State Park Region Beaches - Permit Office PO Box 247, Babylon, NY 11702 $40.00 -- 631-669-1000

Get your NYC Parks permit FREE! Metal Detector Permits : NYC Parks We will be hunting Orchard Beach and Van Cortland Park as a group, so get your permit NOW!

We Meet the THIRD WEDNESDAY of each month. Stay in Touch! Email [email protected]

Attachments

• HVHD.jpg
    HVHD.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 743
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings HVHD members!
This month’s meeting will be on Wednesday, August 15[SUP]th[/SUP], at 7:00pm in White Plains. Our fourth monthly meeting will be at a new location, since we had complaints from some members last month that the Porterhouse was too noisy. This month, we will meet at my home. I live in the Tanglewood Gardens complex, 260 Church Street, White Plains, New York 10603 – Feel free to call me 914-589-3985 for directions!

There is PLENTY of FREE parking on Church Street, and in Visitor spots in parking lots on both sides of the complex. Depending on the weather, we will be able to demonstrate a few different metal detectors on the lawn and do some depth tests in my test garden – So Bring Your Machine if the weather is sunny!

GUEST SPEAKER: I am working to get Barry Small, the American distributor for the new Blisstool metal detector, to demonstrate the machine at this month’s meeting. I will send out a confirmation email to the club when I confirm he can make the meeting. This month’s discussion topic will be, “Target pinpointing and recovery techniques.” Have your questions and tips ready!

We will raffle off the Lesche digger donated to the club by NED at this meeting, then add those proceeds to the club’s “Perpetual 50/50” funds (there is already $30.00 in the pot from last month). Make sure you attend to get in on BOTH drawings!

Lesche Raffle - $5.00 per ticket (Limit two-tickets per member)
HVHD Perpetual 50/50 - $5.00 per entry (One entry per attending member)

At this month’s meeting will also look hard at our current club structure - whether we continue to exist as a loose knit group of friends that network as a group, or become a more structured club that collects dues and votes in officers.

It is time for a club hunt, and we will decide on a location and date at this meeting. As always, I encourage you all to start communicating with me and each other. I have had the opportunity to hunt with a few members now, and it is a blast!

FINAL THOUGHTS: Bring a lawn chair and your machine if the weather is nice, and we will set up out by my garage with an ice-chest, some chips and dip. I’ll supply the coffee, tea, ice, water, chips, pretzels & dip, you bring whatever you’re drinking, eating or want to share. You’ll have a chance to test your machine and compare it to others in a controlled and friendly environment using a variety of targets. Feel free to bring your cameras! Call or email me for info!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread