Gulf Shores hunter looking for partners

badazzchef

Jan 7, 2007
Father son team looking to find some relics of any kind. My 10 yr old is chomping to find a few old coins and a few bullets. We have mediocre machines but we are eager! Could someone help us out or point us in a few directions for relics? We have tried all of the possible legal places near Ft. Morgan (We live on Ft. Morgan Rd) and studied maps near Bon Secour as well. Please let me know your thoughts!

Chris

www.staycationscatering.com

TreasureRats

Greenie
Jan 17, 2009
Bon Secour
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Hey Chris, welcome, Me and the wife live in bon secour, there was a civil war camp on the south side of the mouth of Bon Secour, It is a neighborhood now called The Loop. Across the river on north side there was a Salt Works, permission may be difficult. The land where the salt works were is owned by Mr Plash (Plash Island) and he may be willing. Me and the wife are heading to the beach just before ft morgan park today at about 1pm. welcome to join us. Also i think we are trying to organize a hunt on Feb 14 around Ft Blakely, waiting on more info myself. Happy Hunting. O, ps. there is an abandoned neighboorhood on the N side of Ft morgan rd that has a sandy trail leading to the beach on that side, where navy cove is. good luck
TreasureRats

pccvanwilder

Nov 22, 2009
florida panhandle
Detector(s) used
tesoro
i am in the florida panhandle, and was under the impression that any metal detecting is illegal in alabama (at least on beaches). is this not true? i have made trips to fort morgan area, etc... and there are always signs posted. i am an avide pirate enthusiasts and have found quite a bit of information about pirates in that general area (bon secour, ft morgan, etc.)

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You better check Blakely out. I believe it is off limits.

gulfrebinms

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you hunt on beach at fairhope pier any other spot that's safe to hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread