Just stopping in to say hello

Mike N Bama

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2007
Albertville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer & Fisher F75
It's been several months since I've posted anything on this entire site and got a email reminder by the admin today so I thought I'd stop in and catch up on some post here in the Alabama forum since I live in Albertville.

Haven't been out detecting much lately, we've had a few good days to detect in but those days have been filled with field testing a few new detectors and catching up in the shop.

I see where there is quite a few folks here from the Cullman, Hartselle & Huntsville area .. that's way cool. My Wife is from Hartselle, I graduated from Oxford way back in 1974 ... yeah I'm getting old now but I still love the hobby as much as I did when I was a teenager.

We spent most of 25 years living in the Pensacola, Florida area and after all the kids got grown and on their own we decided we'd had enough of the hurricanes and the rising cost of living in Florida so we moved back to Gods Country. It was kind of like stepping back in time a few years, kind of QUITE when compared to all the hustle and bustle of living on the panhandle.

I enjoy relic hunting more than anything else but as long as I'm detecting .. it's all good.
I'll be headed to Culpeper, Va. later in the month to the Diggin In Virginia gig and really looking forward to that. The DIV events are always a great time and you never know what might come out of the ground there ... we've seen some outstanding relics dug from these events.
Anyway, just wanted to stop in and say hello and wish everyone a pouch full of treasure.
And if any of you fine folks want to get together sometime and do some detecting give me a holler and we'll get at it.
Lake Guntersville park is freaking huge and there's a few decent spots to coin shoot around here too, just have to make sure everyone uses good sense with covering up holes and removing trash to keep park officials happy.

Good Hunting
Mike

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
hey we have talked before but I live in Albertville also...let me know sometime we will get together

OP
OP
Mike N Bama

Mike N Bama

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2007
Albertville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer & Fisher F75
Sounds like a winner ... I hunt as much as time and weather allows :)
Have a couple of big hunts coming up this month but will be free after the 25th. ... so I'm ready and available after that.
I also have some field testing to do so a little company would be nice.
Mike

Marty-Graw said:
hey we have talked before but I live in Albertville also...let me know sometime we will get together

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread