digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHERE ARE YOU ? STATE---COUNTY--TOWN

ALD

Greenie
Jul 26, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Hoover...I've got a couple but nothing special...still looking for some better spots.

I have one in mind just trying to figure out how to get permission.

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods and metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skiing97 and ALD We should get together sometime and do some hunts together since were close to each other

Jan 10, 2013
Alabaster, Al
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey New to hunting I would like to get together with some people and go hunting I'm in alabaster in Shelby county

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bratton your more than welcome to join in

Jan 10, 2013
Alabaster, Al
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be awesome! Thank u I love history and finding anything pertaining to it or anything remotely cool is very exciting. I'm off every other Sat and every sun my Sat are booked till the Feb the 23 that's my next sat off. Let me know when to go

mr.ds

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Hand me down
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked the pastor at a very old rural church if I could search around a creek that I figured was used as baptism area and found some circa 1911 silverware..."spoon" from an old outing from who knows when...after finding it I asked (the pastor) if i could keep it he replied of course you can...just be polite/honest/respectful ....this goes a long way

ALD

Greenie
Jul 26, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bman, that sounds good to me. Let me know when and where. I'm working on a few spots. If they work out we can use one of them.

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MR.Ds thats awesome, i have done well at creeks where churchs performed baptisms as well, also i will feed you another spot not very far from that spot, see if you can locate where they had there outdoor dinners. Around here ive found many old churchs that still have some of their tables still intact while the rest of the buildings and grounds have long been gone. Back before the invention of air conditioning during the hot summers many churchs in the south had a great deal of there services and pot luck meals outside.

I guess we all need to figure out somewhere to meet thats cool with everyone. If for nothing but the camaraderie it would be neat i also look forward to learning more as well as passing some tips along as well. There are many spots here we can have a lot of fun with for a while

Tommy22

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
I just finished my job here. I'm staying in jasper. I brought my metal detector in hopes that I could find a place to hunt around here. I'm just a beginner but I have found several relics on our property in Louisville,KY. I will be heading home on Friday. If anyone would like to hunt then let me know I will be here all day tomorrow.

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy22 if it wasn't for the snow flurries tomorrow id do it.

Tommy22

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
Tommy22 said:
Bman-any suggestions on where I should go. I will have to look up the laws regarding public parks because ill prolly have to do something like that.

As a metallurgist do you analyze boiler tubes in relation to coal fired power plants?

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not hunted in that part of the state Tommy22 and being that you are from out of town it would be hard for me to point you in the right direction. Read up on Alabama laws online before you start there are some places that carry heavy consequences for MD. It want be hard to find anything though the state is full of nice spots.
Im afraid my field of metallurgy has nothing to do with boiler tubes or power plants sorry i can not answer that one for you.

Tommy22

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
Thanks bman I will be on the prowl tomorrow. I'll find something to do I'm sure of that. I will be back down here in two weeks. Maybe we will be blessed with good weather ill send u a message when I come back down. Thanks again!

bman3725

Apr 30, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy22 my friend when you do come down next time please do shoot me a message I will have a place to go MD ready

D

DeepThought

I was in Louisville during Christmas and read where the city banned metal detecting from all of its 122 parks. Understandable, but sad. Louisville has so many old, established places that are ideal. We stopped by the Caldwell (?) mansion @ St. James Court. On top of it already being an old site, it turns out it was the site of the Southern Exposition in the 1880s - wow. Now there is metal detecting paradise...

Tommy22

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
DeepThought said:
I was in Louisville during Christmas and read where the city banned metal detecting from all of its 122 parks. Understandable, but sad. Louisville has so many old, established places that are ideal. We stopped by the Caldwell (?) mansion @ St. James Court. On top of it already being an old site, it turns out it was the site of the Southern Exposition in the 1880s - wow. Now there is metal detecting paradise...

Hey Bman what's up? I'm back down here in Jasper and I'm off on Monday. If u r available maybe we can go hunting. Even tho I'm from Louisville I have not explored all she has to offer regarding my new hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread