Anyone hunting in NE Alabama?

cdouglas

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Sawyer said:
Hi
Sure would like to link up with someone who might give me some tips and lessons. I am new at this and can't find myA$$ with both hands.

I am in the same boat, I wish we were closer I would hunt with you !!

Nancyvreuls

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sawyer said:
Hi
Sure would like to link up with someone who might give me some tips and lessons. I am new at this and can't find myA$$ with both hands.

I recently received my first metal detector and I am interested in hunting in NE Alabama. I life in Southeast Huntsville.

Boomer-1

Jun 27, 2009
Gadsden, Al
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm with Southeast Treasure Hunters. We are a relic/metal detecting club in Gadsden. Look us up, we have members who can answer most any question. And we would be happy to give tips, and we have a hunt field that you might practice in.

laurieshub

Greenie
May 7, 2012
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Im in Scottsboro, maybe we can hunt sometimes, I am thinking about starting an club in this area

DurkaDigger

Apr 15, 2013
AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 & XP Deus with a Whites TRX and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Southeast Treasure Hunters. We are a relic/metal detecting club in Gadsden. Look us up, we have members who can answer most any question. And we would be happy to give tips, and we have a hunt field that you might practice in.

Boomer, I am interested in your club. I am in the Heflin area.

robin jack

Greenie
Mar 13, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search and the combination is the key for success..
So best of luck for the task you are lucky you have a great opportunity from "cdouglas"
Keep your work with him and make your experience hard..

x#1

Greenie
Aug 27, 2013
cherokee county,al.
Detector(s) used
jetco huntmaster gtx ,garrett treasure ace 100, and a tesoro cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently received my first metal detector and I am interested in hunting in NE Alabama. I life in Southeast Huntsville.

you are in an area that is rich in civil war history,which i am sure that you are already aware of.skirmishes were frequent.i live south of little river canyon on weiss lake and having lived here for 7 years now,have learned of cherokee county's cw history. if anyone knows of an area that is convenient for us each of us,as in half way or so between the huntsville and gaylesville area,i'd certainly makes plans to meet and hunt.

i am still very much a newbie at md'ing. my thinking is that cw rich areas will produce all types of md'ing results,but the main thing is getting out and just doing it.i wonder if Little River Canyon Preserve is off limits to metal detecting? surely not all of it is.that would be a fine way to spend a day-

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunted down in Bridgeport many years ago. Some local hunters took us to a hunted out camp near that nuclear plant. Damn ! It was wild ! It was not hunted out at all ! It was a U.S. Calvary Camp and a friend found the prettiest U.S. martingale you ever saw ! I was digging spurs and spencer drops as hard as I could go !

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted down in Bridgeport many years ago. Some local hunters took us to a hunted out camp near that nuclear plant. Damn ! It was wild ! It was not hunted out at all ! It was a U.S. Calvary Camp and a friend found the prettiest U.S. martingale you ever saw ! I was digging spurs and spencer drops as hard as I could go !

I hunt some in North Ala. Great area. Remember deer season is cranking up also . Ala has some great spots!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of you " newbies" , If you can can permission to hunt on known camps. I will teach you how to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread