Mobile area beaches? Any chance to hunt ?

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be in Mobile next week for the bowl game. I won't have much time but would love to at least swing a coil on a beach before returning to the frozen North. My only chance will probably be Monday, January 6. I can't wonder too far from Mobile but wondered if there is a beach I could hit? Any input would be great. I just don't want to stray into a prohibited area or something. If you can give me any tips it would be great. I won't have much time but again would love to swing just a bit.

Thanks, Don

OP
OP
kilmer

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not set on beaches if somebody between Indiana and Mobile has a field or big yard they could show me around that would be awesome too. I just hate to drive so far, work so hard, and not get to play.

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
The Fairhope Pier is your best bet. You can search from the pier all the way down to the yacht club. I find mostly coins, arrowheads and blue glass that has been polished smooth.

Good luck!

OP
OP
kilmer

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Michael, you make it sound like it will be worth hauling the detector. We have a windchill of 7 below tonight and I just want to swing a detector. Thanks, for the info. That is great news for me.

Thanks, Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread