Anyone near Grand Bay, Alabama

Homemedic73

Jan 20, 2016
Grand Bay, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the hunt but already hooked. I live in Grand Bay and will be hitting the woods next to the old train depot this weekend. Please feel free to join me and share whatever knowledge you can. I will also be trying to contact the owner of the land where the original first Baptist church in Grand Bay used to be located till a few years ago. I have been researching Grand Bay and would like to exchange information on Grand Bay history so that we can try and score some nice finds. I am also interested in possibly joining a club if there is one in my area.

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Grand Bay

I am new to the hunt but already hooked. I live in Grand Bay and will be hitting the woods next to the old train depot this weekend. Please feel free to join me and share whatever knowledge you can. I will also be trying to contact the owner of the land where the original first Baptist church in Grand Bay used to be located till a few years ago. I have been researching Grand Bay and would like to exchange information on Grand Bay history so that we can try and score some nice finds. I am also interested in possibly joining a club if there is one in my area.

I was born and raised there.

MichaelB

Aug 13, 2005
Mobile Bay, Alabama
Grand Bay

image.jpeg

Here is a shot of Grand Bay about 100 years ago. You can see Van Ambergs grocery and th post office(now the library). Across the street from the post office was a hotel that was very popular. I have never been able to check this area. You can see Mrs. Gilmore hair salon was there 100 years ago. The building is still there but boarded up now.

hope this helps.

MichaelB

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not from Grand Bay and know nothing about it but I do live in the Biloxi area which isn't far. I have only lived in the area a cpl of years and always looking for new places to hunt. Grand Bay is close enough I would enjoy hunting in the area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread