diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is elementary to most of us but there are times when people will ask the value of something without checking the most obvious source of real world values, Ebay. Here is the link that will help you do that- eBay Search: Advanced Search

Simply put in the key words (sometimes less is more here depending), then check the "sold listings" box, click search and voila, there you go.

There are a couple other sites I use too but I think you have to be a member to see past auction results.

They are-
Live Auctioneers Sitemap - Live Auctioneers

and Proxibid- https://www.proxibid.com/

Feel free to add any additional sources, i'm sure there are many.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
Thank you, as you can remember from when you first started,info like this is a god send.Info like this will help more people to quit depending on others, faster than all the complaints ever will.This and other sources should be a at the top when ever you go to this site.It would probaly gain more views than any other post . Thank you.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a good direction to point beginners in & a go-to for the more experienced. I refer to the sold listings for almost EVERYTHING I list. The only exception is if I already have a price in mind or have sold something similar already. It never hurts to double check, though!

Just keep in mind that your piece may not sell for what the already sold pieces have. Reversely, however, keep in mind they could sell for more. When finding a sold item that went for $50 I may want to post mine for around $65 OBO. Depending on of course what it is and if I feel the sold item went for too little or not. I'm finding there are many factors to consider, but in my experience I've found that listing a bit over the sold listings price (accepting offers or not) usually does well.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Agreed. I use the sold listings quite often and it's much more realistic than trying to go by what someone is asking for an item. Still it's always unpredictable and you simply have to have the right people watching your item at the right time. Recent example.. This Lifesavers apothecary jar. I checked "sold listings" and one had sold for $85 the week prior to my listing. It has started off low and there was a fairly active bidding history on it. Mine was identical in every way, I started it at the same price as the other guy, and mine went for $45. I'm not complaining since I paid 15 bucks for it but it shows that you can't rely on this theory exclusively.

Attachments

• P1010004_1.jpg
    P1010004_1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 114

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Also, if you see BIN/Make an offer:

Click on the item, then click on view original. Then scroll down halfway and lookon the right for small "PRINT". Click it. The actual sold price will be revealed.

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you see BIN/Make an offer:

Click on the item, then click on view original. Then scroll down halfway and look on the right for small "PRINT". Click it. The actual sold price will be revealed.

Thanks for re-posting that, has to be one of the most useful things on this site. Also this is great for buying, you can go to a sellers sold listings and see what kind of offers they have accepted in the past before you make an offer on something they have for sale.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed. I use the sold listings quite often and it's much more realistic than trying to go by what someone is asking for an item. Still it's always unpredictable and you simply have to have the right people watching your item at the right time. Recent example.. This Lifesavers apothecary jar. I checked "sold listings" and one had sold for $85 the week prior to my listing. It has started off low and there was a fairly active bidding history on it. Mine was identical in every way, I started it at the same price as the other guy, and mine went for $45. I'm not complaining since I paid 15 bucks for it but it shows that you can't rely on this theory exclusively.

I noticed the lid on yours looks slightly different than the other ones. I also noticed someone sold one at BIN for $25 and a too low shipping price. There's one on there now that's up to $41.00 with 3 days left.I agree that the sold prices for many items can vary greatly. Sometimes there is no reasonable explanation, other than who happened to want the item more on a particular day.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love using the sold check box to see prices, but I also try to check active auctions to see what % are actually selling and how flooded the market is, etc

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love using the sold check box to see prices, but I also try to check active auctions to see what % are actually selling and how flooded the market is, etc
Yes, I check "completed listings" as well to see what didn't sell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread