Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should all negative feedback on eBay be private....I think not, how are you suppose to be able to avoid bad products, that sellers are listing. I ask this because I was thinking of purchasing some tools today from a big seller, but when I checked the feedback I realised he had a lot of negative, 20 this month alone, all the sales were private so I couldn't tell if the items I wanted were on the negative....Thoughts.

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care how big a seller the dude is... anybody with 20 negative feedbacks in one month has a problem. I would not buy anything from him.
Tallone...that's exactly the way I went, but they should be on view for people with less experience of eBay.:thumbsup:

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many positives over the same time? If it's 100 that's bad, if there's a 1,000 you're probably ok.

Atlanta Mi Dave

Feb 19, 2009
Atlanta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark and Tesoro Cibola Minelab 505, Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many positives over the same time? If it's 100 that's bad, if there's a 1,000 you're probably ok.
20 out of a 1000 doesn't sound good to me. I've only had 1 NEG in 3100, 90% of them as a seller. My one negative was a detecting trowel that a guy in Canada bought. It was left over from my detector selling days, I should have listed it as NOS with a few scratches(not from being used, it still had the rubber coating on the sharpened part.) The guy said it was used, I said I offer a 100% refund including return shipping, he didn't listen. I should have taken it to eBay to try to get it removed. The kicker is the very first hole you dig with it, it's going to be scratched as that is what it was made for.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
98% positive rating isn't bad. Most corporations would kill for an approval rating that high.

Yes, that's the thing, high volume sellers tend to to be firm on their policies and don't get into little negotiations to prevent negatives... and because they do so many sales I think people are more likely to leave negative because they don't feel they are hurting them as much as a private seller.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3355 positives over the same time IP, I hear what your saying, but I would want to see if one of the things he had, that I was interested in, was on the negative feedback. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear...don't see why feedback should be hidden, after all it's like a product review.

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3355 positives over the same time IP, I hear what your saying, but I would want to see if one of the things he had, that I was interested in, was on the negative feedback. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear...don't see why feedback should be hidden, after all it's like a product review. SS
I highly doubt they are because so few negatives in so many transactions means they are probably very random in nature. I would not be worried in the least.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly doubt they are because so few negatives in so many transactions means they are probably very random in nature. I would not be worried in the least.
Well I won't be taking a chance on them , I still think feedback should be visible...takes the guess work out.

SS

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Well I won't be taking a chance on them , I still think feedback should be visible...takes the guess work out. SS

I agree 100%. On the flip side, I recently became blocked by a buyer even though I have always had a 100% buyer rating, but he somehow was able to read the tussles I had with a few buyers. Ebay is getting unfair.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100%. On the flip side, I recently became blocked by a buyer even though I have always had a 100% buyer rating, but he somehow was able to read the tussles I had with a few buyers. Ebay is getting unfair.
Yep...everything stacked on the buyers side..

SS

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I won't be taking a chance on them , I still think feedback should be visible...takes the guess work out.

SS

You wouldn't really be taking a chance though. Even you said everything is stacked in the buyer's favor.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You wouldn't really be taking a chance though. Even you said everything is stacked in the buyer's favor.
I don't want the hassle of having to return a item, I don't have the time for that.

SS

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Yep...everything stacked on the buyers side.. SS

In my case, I feel just the opposite. The sellers appear to me to have access to my correspondences with my past transactions,, which recently got me blocked by a seller with a unique product I couldn't get elsewhere. He responded to my question about the obvious block, mentioning some details within a few transactions between me and a couple other past sellers. He can read mine and I can't read his past customer complaints. It should go both ways or neither way IMO.

Why don't us buyers get that priviledge. We used to when I first got into Ebay. So no, I don't agree that it's slanted for buyers, at least not in my example. martin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread