fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, what's your sales for December?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!
16 right now, but I don't know if one is going to pay. I have slacked off. :laughing7: I plan on trying to run 300 listings or something this summer. :tongue3: We'll see, but it sounds great.

Sorry to hear that Beachkid. Hopefully you'll get plenty of sales though.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16 right now, but I don't know if one is going to pay. I have slacked off. :laughing7: I plan on trying to run 300 listings or something this summer. :tongue3: We'll see, but it sounds great.

Sorry to hear that Beachkid. Hopefully you'll get plenty of sales though.

So my neighbors a paramedic and he said for me to go soak my feet in Epson salt. That it will take away the pain. I said yeah right no won't. I'll try it but I doubt it works. I guess he's a paramedic for a reason because it helped a lot! Not 100% but I feel way less crippled now. I had to scoot down the stairs. Now I can walk that's a plus!!!

I want to get my listings up to 500 though. I'm currently at 174 but I listed 30 today. And 10 more on etsy. So I hope to get there soon. Still working on this large order of jewelry so that will help get my totals up there only it's a one at a time!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I put my store on vacation mode at the beginning of December. I had items go missing last year over the Holidays & I had promised the wife I'd get a remodel project done. Thought I could wrap that up and prep a bunch of drafts for eBay to get a jump on January. The remodel turned out to be a lot more than I figured once I got into it. Then our basement flooded & that's been a giant mess. Have lived here for 15 years & this is the 1st time we've had that problem. Between the remodel, the flood & the Holiday festivities I haven't got any drafts done. Most of my shipping supplies were in the basement. Lots of them had to be thrown out & I'll need to restock. Anyway, it's looking like my store will be on vacation for another week or two.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my neighbors a paramedic and he said for me to go soak my feet in Epson salt. That it will take away the pain. I said yeah right no won't. I'll try it but I doubt it works. I guess he's a paramedic for a reason because it helped a lot! Not 100% but I feel way less crippled now. I had to scoot down the stairs. Now I can walk that's a plus!!!

I want to get my listings up to 500 though. I'm currently at 174 but I listed 30 today. And 10 more on etsy. So I hope to get there soon. Still working on this large order of jewelry so that will help get my totals up there only it's a one at a time!

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Epsom salt definitely helps a lot. I need to get some listing done too.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my store on vacation mode at the beginning of December. I had items go missing last year over the Holidays & I had promised the wife I'd get a remodel project done. Thought I could wrap that up and prep a bunch of drafts for eBay to get a jump on January. The remodel turned out to be a lot more than I figured once I got into it. Then our basement flooded & that's been a giant mess. Have lived here for 15 years & this is the 1st time we've had that problem. Between the remodel, the flood & the Holiday festivities I haven't got any drafts done. Most of my shipping supplies were in the basement. Lots of them had to be thrown out & I'll need to restock. Anyway, it's looking like my store will be on vacation for another week or two.

That's not fun. I had water damage a lot of my boxes one time. :sadsmiley: Hopefully you'll be back soon.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
That's not fun. I had water damage a lot of my boxes one time. :sadsmiley: Hopefully you'll be back soon.

Water came into the basement on Christmas Eve. The slab isn't level so there were a few spots that had 1/4-1/2" of water & a few spots that were dry. Most of the floor had a thin layer of water. Just enough to make everything sitting on the floor wet. Got 90% of the water out Christmas day & the rest on Saturday. Had everything wet out by Sunday afternoon. Had to pull the lower cabinets in my workshop to dry the bottoms. When I put them back I built a pressure treated wood platform underneath with an airspace. I also had 2 wood shelving units that were sitting on the floor. Once they were dry I mounted them on the wall. If this ever happens again the only things touching the concrete floor are pressure treated or metal. Spent Monday & most of today cleaning floors & walls with a bleach solution. Have a very light "basement" smell that I'm hoping will disappear over the next couple days.....as long as it stops raining long enough for me to open windows & get some air circulating. Once I figure I'm good to go I'll reorder free boxes from USPS & get back to it.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been away for a bit. Everything is still going well here! Hope the same for everyone else :)
Selling between 7-15 items a day. Sometimes all little ones, sometimes lots of better profit ones.

Just sold a rainsuit I got for less than $2 for $70. That one was nice!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold a lure to a guy and he left me feedback that said "great buyer, simply the best". Then a different guy accepted my counteroffer on another lot. He left me positive feedback, but didn't pay. :laughing7: What is the deal with people? :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I sold a lure to a guy and he left me feedback that said "great buyer, simply the best". Then a different guy accepted my counteroffer on another lot. He left me positive feedback, but didn't pay. :laughing7: What is the deal with people? :laughing7:

Drugs? Lol

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold 7 while I was away. Probably will get hit with all these defeats for not shipping in one day, even though I was on vacation.

Sold one the night I got back. Went to pack it up, and the stupid watch was no longer working. Tried two new batteries. I had to cancel the auction. GRRR!

I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks at the end of Jan. Maybe I should just go on the vacation mode where people can't buy now??? Meanwhile, very happy to say, no other sales. (Never thought I would say that!) I've been trying to organize my trip. My family is convinced they are all going to die while I am away because apparently, no one is capable of doing laundry or cooking dinners except for Mom. (one kid told me to buy them enough clothes so they don't have to do laundry for the whole three weeks. I don't think so.)

Beach, feeling any better?

trdhrd, sorry about the water damage.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spent it on Booze and Fireworks??

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Listed 5 today. :thumbsup:

Well done!! I as usual am completely slacking on my eBay listings! As well as I did on my first dukes listing you would think I'd be more motivated??!!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: You would think DieselRam, but that's not how it works for me either. :laughing7: I'm at 85 listings right now. I could probably come up with 5 more, and may try to this weekend. :thumbsup:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 7 while I was away. Probably will get hit with all these defeats for not shipping in one day, even though I was on vacation.

Sold one the night I got back. Went to pack it up, and the stupid watch was no longer working. Tried two new batteries. I had to cancel the auction. GRRR!

I'm going out of the country for 3 weeks at the end of Jan. Maybe I should just go on the vacation mode where people can't buy now??? Meanwhile, very happy to say, no other sales.
I ended all of mine before I left for Christmas vacation up north. I don't have the option to put it on vacation mode because I don't have a store.

On a related note- 2 of my last 3 sales got refunded via buyer request. One was a $21.99 item that the buyer said he didn't purchase, someone used his account, I must have got a half dozen messages over that one between him and ebay. The other was a set of flatware that a woman said she purchased for her daughter but her daughter didn't like the pattern. Luckily she purchased it on a Sunday so it didn't get shipped off yet.

I also got an offer for $5 on another item listed at $21.99 w/ free shipping that will cost at least $7 to ship. What the heck is wrong with people? I messaged them back saying no thanks, I can't sell something for less than what it costs to ship it. They replied back with a facetious "how about $4". They are now blocked as well.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah, I don't hesitate to block people. Sure beats the hassle they'll cause.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Finally took my store off vacation mode Wednesday evening. Sold 3 items between then & Friday morning. I need to get some new listings going. I've got several things that I picked up in December & yesterday I picked up 2 sets of sterling flatware that I'll probably piece out.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
On a related note- 2 of my last 3 sales got refunded via buyer request. One was a $21.99 item that the buyer said he didn't purchase, someone used his account

Digg, I've had it happen twice. Both times, I called PayPal. One was when eBay and pp were joined, one after. Both times, because I shipped through eBay to the PayPal address, I had seller protection.
Duh, if someone else used your account, why did they have the item shipped to you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread