dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Things have been slow this month but the weekend made up for it. I sold 17 items between Saturday afternoon and lunch today. My book sale didn't go as well as I had hoped. I only sold 6 books. I started out with 350+ of the Folio Society books and sold around 200 of them between mid-January and April 7th. I figure the ones that sold were the more popular ones & that it might take quite a while to sell what's left. I'd like to see them gone by the end of the year but won't complain if they are still sitting on the shelf because I've almost tripled my investment.

Nice!!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well, that makes sense I guess. Is Cooters tow truck the most expensive one?

To be honest I've only checked the tow truck and the General Lee. I should look into that.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
This is interesting...I have sold two of these pipe vice's before...in worse condition...
This one has been on almost 60 days with only 11 views and no watchers...
I think I'm going to end the listing and do a quick restoration on it...

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121931599638

Trimont Mfg Company #41 Pipe Vise Vintage Found Coast Of Maine! Industrial Decor

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is interesting...I have sold two of these pipe vice's before...in worse condition...
This one has been on almost 60 days with only 11 views and no watchers...
I think I'm going to end the listing and do a quick restoration on it...

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121931599638

Trimont Mfg Company #41 Pipe Vise Vintage Found Coast Of Maine! Industrial Decor

It's really strange how that works. I have a similar issue with a few things right now.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
lol, I just realized I've only sold 6 items this month. :laughing7:

Lol, yeah I need to total up my sales and see too. I know it's not amazing though!
However I have managed close to $1000 in extra sales (not on eBay) this month.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
It's been Monday all day. First I get a call from the people that run an estate sale company that have a couple cars we've been talking about. Some guy in the next town over that sells parts made a ridiculous offer that no sane person would match. Then I get the rent check from the only rental I still own. Sounds like that would be a good thing but there was also a note included that said the bathroom tub has pulled away from the wall. I've known that the floor under the tub was slowly rotting away and am 100% sure it's finally done. Would have fixed it before but it's a one bath house & a several day job. The long term tenants (since 1997) have never gone on a vacation. Guess I'll spend tomorrow pulling a cast iron tub out & doing demo. After that will be rebuilding floors/wall & installing a new tub, faucet, drain & surround. Don't think I'll get much eBay stuff done this week.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It's been Monday all day. First I get a call from the people that run an estate sale company that have a couple cars we've been talking about. Some guy in the next town over that sells parts made a ridiculous offer that no sane person would match. Then I get the rent check from the only rental I still own. Sounds like that would be a good thing but there was also a note included that said the bathroom tub has pulled away from the wall. I've known that the floor under the tub was slowly rotting away and am 100% sure it's finally done. Would have fixed it before but it's a one bath house & a several day job. The long term tenants (since 1997) have never gone on a vacation. Guess I'll spend tomorrow pulling a cast iron tub out & doing demo. After that will be rebuilding floors/wall & installing a new tub, faucet, drain & surround. Don't think I'll get much eBay stuff done this week.

Sorry to hear about the cars falling through and the bathroom issues. I've done my share of renovating and one things for sure...it's always more involved than you anticipate it being.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry to hear about the cars falling through and the bathroom issues. I've done my share of renovating and one things for sure...it's always more involved than you anticipate it being.

That's the truth. I was a plumbing contractor, a general contractor, owned several rental houses, & rehabbed a few houses for resale. Things always take longer and cost more than expected.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the truth. I was a plumbing contractor, a general contractor, owned several rental houses, & rehabbed a few houses for resale. Things always take longer and cost more than expected.

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear about your problems too. It will work out though. :thumbsup:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relisted cooters tow truck with a reserve. I haven't done a reserve in years. The three dollar fee is hard to swallow though I had good interest in it but some low life seller listed one and every time I adjusted my bin he lowered his by five to ten bucks. I am curious to see how this strategy plays out! Lol

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Relisted cooters tow truck with a reserve. I haven't done a reserve in years. The three dollar fee is hard to swallow though I had good interest in it but some low life seller listed one and every time I adjusted my bin he lowered his by five to ten bucks. I am curious to see how this strategy plays out! Lol

Aahhhh...the old race to the bottom game! I hate when that happens!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Aahhhh...the old race to the bottom game! I hate when that happens!

Yeah, I can't stand it. I like getting maximum resale out of things. I guess some people are so desperate for a sale they'll just about give something away.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I hate that DieselRam. :sadsmiley: I closed a NPB case today. I figured it was about time to have one. :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I've sold several over the last few weeks. Hoping to have this boat all together this weekend and finish polishing it up and get it on craigslist. I've gone through the drive to make it 100% for someone. Should sell for $2500 or more

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Sold 4 more over the weekend. April sales were ok and I met my minimum sales goal for the month. Didn't sell any big ticket items though & total sales were half what they were in March.

When I was doing my preliminary demo at the rental I found termites when I cracked open the wall. Major bummer that brought the project to a screeching halt while I talked with bug guys & lined up treatment. Spent more than 20 hours over there between Saturday morning & yesterday evening yanking out the old & installing the new. At least it's done except for hauling off the cast iron tub. Meanwhile my 79 year old Mom decided Saturday morning was a good time to climb a ladder & clean her gutters. She fell off, split her head open & cracked her sacrum. Busted ass all day & visited in the evenings. Heading to the hospital this morning to talk with the Dr about how long she will be in the hospital.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread