dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It looks like I just stocked up on inventory. I bought 120 fishing lures off of eBay. :thumbsup: Hopefully sales will keep up.

I have done that a few times. I just bought a crusty cast iron pan the other night on eBay and hopefully once cleaned up will be a Griswold and sell for good money on eBay. I now have leads on two trucks to part out!

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be good on that pan. Let me know if that works out. Hopefully the trucks will also work out!

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 1 item. Accepted 2 offers today. 6 sales in June so far! Lord give me the strength to list some more. I bought more items at the TS today and need to list them! HH

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to this thread, and my selling streak, I am fine with listing right now. The lure has 16 watchers, 17 views, and 5 bids at $35 with 22 hours or so left.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I just purchased an old forge blower on eBay to resell. I contacted seller and asked if they would lower bin price and they did. I will clean, repaint it and detail the lettering and relist. Should more than double my money...

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I meant 71 views on that lure. Of course its got a lot more now. I talked the seller down from $45 to $30, so that was good on those lures.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Nice! I meant 71 views on that lure. Of course its got a lot more now. I talked the seller down from $45 to $30, so that was good on those lures.

That is an awesome price on those lures! Well done!

I just sold a rear half of a dodge ram frame, fuel tank, and trailer hitch I no longer needed. Gave the guy a good deal and put some cash in my pocket for junk that was headed to my scrap pile.

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would a lot rather see it used than go to the scrapyard. The lures were rough, but there were some that were fine. There are 2 pre rapala wiggle warts which are really good. They should bring at least $20 by themselves. Maybe even $40. An excellent deal indeed.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 3 items. No sales today. Hopefully tonight I can score one sale. Looking forward to tomorrow. HH

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yesterday I picked up a vintage alarm clock, branding iron, blacksmith tongs (I'm keeping these tongs), new in box marine speakers, vintage small animal trap. I spent $14.00 on all these items and last night I listed three of them. I'll do the rest of them today. I passed on a john wright cast iron steamer with a bear on top for eight bucks and am now kicking myself. I might go back today and see if its still there. That place was owned by a dirty drunk and looked like it was straight out of an episode of pickers! Lol

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My yardsales yesterday were pitiful. At least you got some good scores!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay folks... I do not know if this is the right place for it but here goes! I need to sell some of my' stuff off, especially some metal detectors, so I put two of them up on eBay last night with a "Buy It Now" price and "Make an Offer". On one of the metal detectors, I have already received 4 offers, I declined 3 of the offers and made a counter offer on one offer. I placed "Buy It Now" prices on the metal detectors that are a little high but reasonable, in hopes of getting offers close to the "Buy It Now" prices which is probably what most folks do. My question is, how long should I or do you run an auction this way before possibly lowering the "Buy It Now" price? or do you ever do so? Like I stated, I placed "Buy It Now" prices on the metal detectors that are a little high but not unreasonable. Would lowering the "Buy It Now" price make me look desperate to most and open the auction up for more low offers or would some feel that I am willing to compromise and make somewhat higher offers? I believe the former especially if done so too early in the auction and possibly if dones so at all!

Frank

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Okay folks... I do not know if this is the right place for it but here goes! I need to sell some of my' stuff off, especially some metal detectors, so I put two of them up on eBay last night with a "Buy It Now" price and "Make an Offer". On one of the metal detectors, I have already received 4 offers, I declined 3 of the offers and made a counter offer on one offer. I placed "Buy It Now" prices on the metal detectors that are a little high but reasonable, in hopes of getting offers close to the "Buy It Now" prices which is probably what most folks do. My question is, how long should I or do you run an auction this way before possibly lowering the "Buy It Now" price? or do you ever do so? Like I stated, I placed "Buy It Now" prices on the metal detectors that are a little high but not unreasonable. Would lowering the "Buy It Now" price make me look desperate to most and open the auction up for more low offers or would some feel that I am willing to compromise and make somewhat higher offers? I believe the former especially if done so too early in the auction and possibly if dones so at all!

Frank

I only lower buy it now price if I get no action on an item. Just keep countering offers, someone will come along and pay you a fair price. Just don't get anxious...

sent from a potato...

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Sold the speakers today. Paid 3 bucks for them and got $50.00 buy it now. I am addicted!

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I dropped a couple buy it nows, but they had been on for 10 days or so and had barely any views. Leave it where it is at right now. You'll get some action.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact, one of those that I just dropped got an offer that I countered on. Hopefully they will accept or we can work something out.

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Only listed 2 things yesterday, but had over 30 auctions ending last night so I need to pack and ship many Amiga computer games! Happy listing.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Only listed 2 things yesterday, but had over 30 auctions ending last night so I need to pack and ship many Amiga computer games! Happy listing.

I used to play those computer games with my cousin many years ago. He had a computer but all I could do was dream of owning one as we were super poor.

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread