dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a truck to part out as well and some more inventory from auctions. I got a promotion for a store free for 3 months. Perfect timing. I'm at around 130 listings right now, trying to get to 300 or so. We'll see how it goes. :laughing7:

What you get for a truck?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!!!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got another 79 ford. It's a 4x4 4 speed so it'll do well. I've got a chance to put like 10 listings up from it, but they're pretty slow. I also got a table full of carburetors at an auction, but I haven't sold any of those either.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I got another 79 ford. It's a 4x4 4 speed so it'll do well. I've got a chance to put like 10 listings up from it, but they're pretty slow. I also got a table full of carburetors at an auction, but I haven't sold any of those either.

What condition is it in?
I sold a holly carburetor years ago and it sold quickly.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're complete and in pretty good shape, but I'm saying to buy them to rebuild. They're not frozen or anything. I've only got 3 listed so far, and I've got them priced kind of high. :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Absolutely, start high! It's all about the profit! Haha

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, when I bought them, I bought the table full. Another guy bought another table as well. I grabbed some of them and headed to the truck and get back, and some idiot put mine on that other guys table. :dontknow: I grabbed what I knew was on the table and the rest on the floor, and ended up with I think all of them, but who knows. I'll make a profit either way, but good grief, idiots sometimes...:laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else just having a tough month buyer wise? It seems like I've had more unhappy buyers and issues this month than ever before. :BangHead:

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anyone else just having a tough month buyer wise? It seems like I've had more unhappy buyers and issues this month than ever before. :BangHead:

I gotta have buyers to have issues. Been slow. :sadsmiley:

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad for me, cleared out some junk mostly at a small loss. I consider that to be the cost of "tuition". Marked a couple of other items down to see if they will budge.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I've had good sales the last few months. I've also had an increase in issues with buyers. I'd expect to see more buyer issues with more sales but I'm seeing a larger % of buyer issues. Hoping this is one of those runs that happen every now & then and not a new trend. I don't have a problem with a 1-2% return rate but really don't like to see it get over that.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had good sales the last few months. I've also had an increase in issues with buyers. I'd expect to see more buyer issues with more sales but I'm seeing a larger % of buyer issues. Hoping this is one of those runs that happen every now & then and not a new trend. I don't have a problem with a 1-2% return rate but really don't like to see it get over that.

That's strange. I hope it passes soon. :sadsmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions