Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! I have a bid on one thing and have another ready to ship.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to get tired. Relisted 38 auctions. Listed 25 new. Really need to clear some junk. Aww I'm a horder!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to get some new items listed this week and have a garage sale sometime in the next month. If not, I'm gonna need another storage unit!

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snow Day listing! Listed 2 items. I love this little guy!

Attachments

• MC77 1.jpg
    MC77 1.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted 1 listing today. Got some watchers on the items listed since starting this thread. One pair of earrings has 4 watchers! HH

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted 1 item on Thursday and 3 items last night. Including a Hector Aguilar screwback 940 silver earrings! Score! HH

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont even mind the shipping part - I just HATE listing on eBay. too time consuming!

Of course it all depends on what you sell, but I know from reading your posts you do list coins, and there's many little ways to cut down on the time. The main one is to take good pictures and let the picture do the talking for you. No one has to read any text about what it is, as long as the subject line has good info., and it's in the right category, that's all you need. For me it's the pictures that take all the time and the listing is easy... not that I love it, but often do it while I have auctions ending so it's something to keep me amused. There's other things i do, but they wouldn't really be any help unless you're doing high volume with many of the same types of coins or whatever else. It's actually like detecting that the more you do it you keep picking up subtle things to improve... well I guess that's if your mind works that way. There's probably many beep and dig ebayers. :laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be the type to spend a long time and type a really long detailed listing. Any more, my listings are very quick and like what Iron Patch said, I am normally done with the listing waiting on my pictures to load. To save time, I typed up kind of a disclaimer-that I always put on my listings-in a word document and I just copy and paste it onto my listings.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have tried that, but I have to go back and delete everything else. My items that I sell are normally random, with truck parts that are different. I would rather just start over and use the copy and paste. I don't know, the sell similar may be different now, it has been a while since I used it.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have tried that, but I have to go back and delete everything else. My items that I sell are normally random, with truck parts that are different. I would rather just start over and use the copy and paste. I don't know, the sell similar may be different now, it has been a while since I used it.

I guess if most of your items are very different it's going to take some time regardless, but the sell similar is a function I would not want to do without. I feel fortunate so many items of mine are close enough it allows me to fly through listing... and I can certainly see how 50 that way would take the better part of the day.

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess if most of your items are very different it's going to take some time regardless, but the sell similar is a function I would not want to do without. I feel fortunate so many items of mine are close enough it allows me to fly through listing... and I can certainly see how 50 that way would take the better part of the day.

Yeah, since you have mentioned that, I will give that a try again sometime. It messes with your head to sit down and list 30 or 40 in a row quick.

Good job Palidin! I've got to get to listing more. Hopefully I'll get some ready tonight.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post one listing of a lot of Walt Disney World mugs I got at the TS on Friday. Got another OBO today. Things might be heating up! HH

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted 1 listing. Accepted 2 OBOs today. Things are looking up! HH

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up the good work :) I've been sick for the last week and haven't felt like touching a single item to list. Sold a few pieces last week and got one counter offer open this week so far. I'm off the next few days so I'm planning on putting in around 10 hours.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I didn't get any done last night. :laughing7: I've got to get some more on since it appears to be picking up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions