Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

mickael

Jul 14, 2014
France
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Tesoro µMax - lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have it set to auto open an unpaid case in 4 days. Ebay sends them a winning notice, I send an invoice after a day passes and another 3 days. If still nothing, I don't feel bad about the case opening on day 4.

a 0 feedback buyer. In my experience, they either pay within an hour of winning or they never pay.

OK thanks I configured it
but I set it to not re-post the sell automatically
cause maybe some people are as lazy as I can be

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK thanks I configured it but I set it to not re-post the sell automatically cause maybe some people are as lazy as I can be

I just moved mine to 4 days as well. Plus they have almost a week if not more Til the case closes. I just had one paid today she bought the stuff a week ago. Emailed me and said why did you open a Case... I said eBay automatically opens a case when you don't pay within 4 days it's been seven since you bought the items.

mickael

Jul 14, 2014
France
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Tesoro µMax - lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a guy paid by echeck and it's been 12 days it says pending in paypal not sure what to do

also do you think 4 days automatically opening a case is a bit short?

I've been watching Dallas Moore and others who seem to be rocking Amazon
and some guy called GillDaddy that sells garbage and is killing it on Amazon mostly
I did some cross checking here in France and garbage doesn't sell well

and finally I sold 2 things today on ebay for 99€ total
glad for that

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I send them a last chance message after about 5 days, and then manually open the case. Since he has 0 feedback, I would have a quicker trigger finger. The echeck should clear. Give it a little while longer, sometimes it takes a while.

I got some good buys at an auction yesterday. More toys, including a turbo man action figure that goes for about $200 or so. I also got an old viewmaster with some other things, and half a table of mcdonalds toys etc. Also 2 redline hotwheels that go pretty good. Should do good. Only spent $42 total. :laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 11 or 12 today and 1 last night. That included the turbo man, redlines, and some more. Still have listings to do including a huge lot of cigar boxes.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think four days is more than ample time for buyer to pay.
Bassmaster, excellent buys you got!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This new 1 re-list crap is really cutting into my listings and time. I've had to use a lot of my free listings on old items and have another 60 that I don't want to waste free listings on until I get a promo. I like to schedule mine to start/end at night, so I have to either re-list at night or go in and schedule the start times, which takes time away from new listings. I'm sitting at 110 listings when I should be at 150-200.

sorry for the rant, but I am still not too pleased with that.

Sold a few items including two new shirts, one for $38 and one for $40. Up to 27 sales so far this month.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I hate any change that makes life harder.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I really need a promo right now too. I've got a bunch of old stuff that could be relisted if I had one.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I listed a bunch of DVD's today. Not big money stuff but they are quick to list with my phone. I just use the barcode scanner. Only about a minute apiece.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like some are tearing it up! Good for ya'll!
Views are almost non-existent, idk, something about google, seo, panda, algorithyms, no one wanted seashell ornaments the other week-maybe this week, I gotta clean the computer to be able to edit pics with any speed. I got a round-to-it, somewhere, around here. :laughing7:

I did make and list some little dragonfly earrings, that are cute. I thought of MJM, she likes the animal stuffs.
All righty, good luck guys and gals. (dram, I do love that potato of yours, lol)

dragon6.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It will pick up for you soon Patcat. The holidays are coming! I just listed about $100.00 in truck parts three different listings. As I'm cleaning out my garage today.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bids on an o'niell skin shirt and under armour shirt last night. Decent prices, but no 'wows'.

Listed a few new items. 80+ unsold that I cannot keep up with.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Bassmaster, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them things!
I did sell another nice pair of gold earrings. I relisted 21 items on ebay last night.
Today I listed some Marine boots and an Army type jacket, got a bid on the boots before I could blink, lol.
I gotta go find food, then maybe do more pics, and list some more this evening.
Good luck all.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a guy paid by echeck and it's been 12 days it says pending in paypal not sure what to do

also do you think 4 days automatically opening a case is a bit short?

I've been watching Dallas Moore and others who seem to be rocking Amazon
and some guy called GillDaddy that sells garbage and is killing it on Amazon mostly
I did some cross checking here in France and garbage doesn't sell well

and finally I sold 2 things today on ebay for 99€ total
glad for that

4 days does seem short. I think it depends on your business model. I don't open any unpaid item cases. Very few of our customers fail to pay and I hate to get into a spat with the occasional non payer. Just not worth risking a spitey punk who will retaliate. I contact the customer and say "this message will confirm that you wish to cancel this transaction. Thanks so much for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future". Then cancel item and select buyer requested cancelation to dodge a ding. Haven't had to do that in quite some as far as I am aware.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But if they don't accept the offer expired notice, then you don't get your fees back right? I've got 100 free auction listings through the 21st. That will work!

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 days does seem short. I think it depends on your business model. I don't open any unpaid item cases. Very few of our customers fail to pay and I hate to get into a spat with the occasional non payer. Just not worth risking a spitey punk who will retaliate. I contact the customer and say "this message will confirm that you wish to cancel this transaction. Thanks so much for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future". Then cancel item and select buyer requested cancelation to dodge a ding. Haven't had to do that in quite some as far as I am aware.

That may work for you, but I personally would not recommend it

1- If they do not accept, you lose your fees.
2- they can still leave feedback! even negative!
3- you allow the person to keep wasting other people's time. If they get 2 unpaid strikes, many smart sellers will have blocks in place to prevent them from bidding. Sure they can create a new account, but maybe they will smarten up.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 100 listings a day till the 21st, too! YAY!
There's just not enough daylight and hands, for me to do everything. sort, clean, size, measure, take pics, edit, write listings, cook, clean, eat..... the sun is going down fast, nowadays. I better get busy! Good luck all.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Justin on that also. Glad you got the promotion too Cat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread