U have to be kidding me! I have to go to Ebay school to learn my lesson. Not kidding!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 241
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's actually insulting.

Attachments

• e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 196
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankfully it's quick, and yes every question was that stupid obvious.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
call them up,more then likly a new worker there done some thing wrong.at least find out what you did.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
call them up,more then likly a new worker there done some thing wrong.at least find out what you did.
I had a listing removed the other day, one of those type of things that you get yours taken off, but can find more the same listed with no problem. Anyway, that's what I think triggered it, and forced me to do it before I could list again.... or at least relist an item because that's what I was trying to do. I'm curious to see if others will get the same thing, even if they had no type of violation. BTW... my item that was deleted had nothing to do with anything this tutorial involved. At least it's quick and easy, but what's next... an hour online class.

I'm not really that sour with it as it does make some points clear... I just thought it was literally going to waste 20 minutes of my time... more like 5.

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm used to it. I had to take some "course" or another about once a week when I was civil service. Between all the training, inspections and paper work, it was near impossible to actually get any work done.

Most of the online courses were bs like this one.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
But two weeks ago I had a newbie take three of my auctions and copy the pictures and pasted the identical description. My pictures are marked and he did take them down. He refused to change descriptions and dared me to notify eBay. I notified them twice and his auctions are still up and I never heard a word from eBay.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I used the word "Lionel" in my listings when I listed about 9 separate Lionel parts.

Seems that the full time Lionel replacement part sellers, who were selling the exact same items, took it upon themselves to report my listings for trademark infringement.

I reported a bunch of their listings, because they were listing using the same words I was, but their listings stayed up until the end.

What gives??

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a percolator that was not recalled taken down. Then I got a survey about how I felt about it. Having at my full time job for about a decade replied to angry letters have the ability to write a pretty good complaint letter. I told them how many were currently listed, how many were avoiding the word filters and the power sellers who had the exact same item up. Also pointed out the number of the identical percolators that had been sold recently. Explained they could prevent them all from being listed with a word filter if they had any interest in being fair. I thought they were favoring certain sellers over others. The survey then asked if I would like to be contacted. I checked yes. Never heard anything from them. I can only conclude that I hit the nail on the head.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to do that last week, lmao, what a joke. I hate eBay. They remove my auctions for no reason, make me take a class, and when I call them, they don't have an answer.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I don't get it. Using the example question you show is it against Ebay policy to use the brand name in your ad ? The "Sony" is what's not allowed ? What a stupid rule. So if I'm selling my 56 Chevy truck I'm supposed to just list it as an "old truck" ? I've been selling and buying on Ebay since 1999 and they keep making changes and nearly all of them suck...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get it. Using the example question you show is it against Ebay policy to use the brand name in your ad ? The "Sony" is what's not allowed ? What a stupid rule. So if I'm selling my 56 Chevy truck I'm supposed to just list it as an "old truck" ? I've been selling and buying on Ebay since 1999 and they keep making changes and nearly all of them suck...

No, the right answer for that one is you can't call them Ipod earphones.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Ahh ok. So using the Sony name is ok because they are actually made by Sony ? What I hate is when I'm searching for something and I get 20,000 unrelated hits. Example: I'm looking for parts for my 56 truck. I type in "1956 Chevrolet truck". I get 500 pages of everything from air fresheners to lug nuts that "fit 1956 Chevrolet". I do know the trick about adding -fits to the search criteria to eliminate most of that but it's still annoying.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh ok. So using the Sony name is ok because they are actually made by Sony ? What I hate is when I'm searching for something and I get 20,000 unrelated hits. Example: I'm looking for parts for my 56 truck. I type in "1956 Chevrolet truck". I get 500 pages of everything from air fresheners to lug nuts that "fit 1956 Chevrolet". I do know the trick about adding -fits to the search criteria to eliminate most of that but it's still annoying.
After you search it you narrow it down by category. Sometimes it doesn't help much but most of the time between using a key word search combined with a category search, you can get exactly what you want. Give us an example of what type of item is frustrating you.

It does seem like Ebay's purpose is to try and clean things up a bit.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem like Ebay's purpose is to try and clean things up a bit.
Ebay has their picks and chooses. I've gotten po'd before when they pulled a listing. I reported every other sob that was selling the identical item. It didn't help one iota. I've reported other listings that were blatantly false as to the actual item they were selling. Did no good.

PS- If they want to really clean things up... get rid of all the crap coming from China. We know that will never happen though.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BAM!! exactly NH..I type in a search for 1968 Camaro...and get 25,000 hits, and I find myself looking at auctions for a Hemi Dart...While I AM a closet old Mopar guy, I couldn't afford an original Hemi car (no thx to Barrett and Jackson)..but yea..NH-i absolutely despise looking at the same tens of thousands of items that buyers have flooded the auctions with because somehow since Im in the market for an early Camaro, they somehow think that I'd be interested in a steering box off a Ford tractor.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BAM!! exactly NH..I type in a search for 1968 Camaro...and get 25,000 hits, and I find myself looking at auctions for a Hemi Dart...While I AM a closet old Mopar guy, I couldn't afford an original Hemi car (no thx to Barrett and Jackson)..but yea..NH-i absolutely despise looking at the same tens of thousands of items that buyers have flooded the auctions with because somehow since Im in the market for an early Camaro, they somehow think that I'd be interested in a steering box off a Ford tractor.

So what in particular are you looking for? There's no right and wrong way to navigate ebay, but there sure is a lot of little things a person can do to make the search easier than going through thousands of items. Sure some items get lost in the shuffle, but many times they just aren't searched for in the best way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread