U have to be kidding me! I have to go to Ebay school to learn my lesson. Not kidding!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: U have to be kidding me! I have to go to Ebay school to learn my lesson. Not kidding!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

U have to be kidding me! I have to go to Ebay school to learn my lesson. Not kidding!

I have no clue what I did, and now have to do this BS for 15-20 minutes. Sometimes I think they are trying to drive people away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	960004   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	960005  

It's actually insulting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e3.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	960007  

Thankfully it's quick, and yes every question was that stupid obvious.

us
    Jan 2010
    156 times
    call them up,more then likly a new worker there done some thing wrong.at least find out what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by billn1956 View Post
    call them up,more then likly a new worker there done some thing wrong.at least find out what you did.
    I had a listing removed the other day, one of those type of things that you get yours taken off, but can find more the same listed with no problem. Anyway, that's what I think triggered it, and forced me to do it before I could list again.... or at least relist an item because that's what I was trying to do. I'm curious to see if others will get the same thing, even if they had no type of violation. BTW... my item that was deleted had nothing to do with anything this tutorial involved. At least it's quick and easy, but what's next... an hour online class.

I'm not really that sour with it as it does make some points clear... I just thought it was literally going to waste 20 minutes of my time... more like 5.
    Last edited by Iron Patch; Mar 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
    JustinNH likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Florida
    Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
    1847 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'm used to it. I had to take some "course" or another about once a week when I was civil service. Between all the training, inspections and paper work, it was near impossible to actually get any work done.

Most of the online courses were bs like this one.

us
    May 2013
    Southern New Jersey
    Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
    337 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    But two weeks ago I had a newbie take three of my auctions and copy the pictures and pasted the identical description. My pictures are marked and he did take them down. He refused to change descriptions and dared me to notify eBay. I notified them twice and his auctions are still up and I never heard a word from eBay.

us
    Dec 2010
    631 times
    I used the word "Lionel" in my listings when I listed about 9 separate Lionel parts.

Seems that the full time Lionel replacement part sellers, who were selling the exact same items, took it upon themselves to report my listings for trademark infringement.

I reported a bunch of their listings, because they were listing using the same words I was, but their listings stayed up until the end.

What gives??

Dec 2013
    144 times
    Had a percolator that was not recalled taken down. Then I got a survey about how I felt about it. Having at my full time job for about a decade replied to angry letters have the ability to write a pretty good complaint letter. I told them how many were currently listed, how many were avoiding the word filters and the power sellers who had the exact same item up. Also pointed out the number of the identical percolators that had been sold recently. Explained they could prevent them all from being listed with a word filter if they had any interest in being fair. I thought they were favoring certain sellers over others. The survey then asked if I would like to be contacted. I checked yes. Never heard anything from them. I can only conclude that I hit the nail on the head.

us
    Jul 2013
    SoCal
    335 times
    Garage Sales/ CRH
    I had to do that last week, lmao, what a joke. I hate eBay. They remove my auctions for no reason, make me take a class, and when I call them, they don't have an answer.
    You're never know it all... Keep an open mind and keep learning.

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/jewelryandwatchoutlet

^ Putting myself through college, wish me luck

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3148 times
    I don't get it. Using the example question you show is it against Ebay policy to use the brand name in your ad ? The "Sony" is what's not allowed ? What a stupid rule. So if I'm selling my 56 Chevy truck I'm supposed to just list it as an "old truck" ? I've been selling and buying on Ebay since 1999 and they keep making changes and nearly all of them suck...
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by NHBandit View Post
    I don't get it. Using the example question you show is it against Ebay policy to use the brand name in your ad ? The "Sony" is what's not allowed ? What a stupid rule. So if I'm selling my 56 Chevy truck I'm supposed to just list it as an "old truck" ? I've been selling and buying on Ebay since 1999 and they keep making changes and nearly all of them suck...

No, the right answer for that one is you can't call them Ipod earphones.

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    3148 times
    Ahh ok. So using the Sony name is ok because they are actually made by Sony ? What I hate is when I'm searching for something and I get 20,000 unrelated hits. Example: I'm looking for parts for my 56 truck. I type in "1956 Chevrolet truck". I get 500 pages of everything from air fresheners to lug nuts that "fit 1956 Chevrolet". I do know the trick about adding -fits to the search criteria to eliminate most of that but it's still annoying.
    dirtdigginfool likes this.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by NHBandit View Post
    Ahh ok. So using the Sony name is ok because they are actually made by Sony ? What I hate is when I'm searching for something and I get 20,000 unrelated hits. Example: I'm looking for parts for my 56 truck. I type in "1956 Chevrolet truck". I get 500 pages of everything from air fresheners to lug nuts that "fit 1956 Chevrolet". I do know the trick about adding -fits to the search criteria to eliminate most of that but it's still annoying.
    After you search it you narrow it down by category. Sometimes it doesn't help much but most of the time between using a key word search combined with a category search, you can get exactly what you want. Give us an example of what type of item is frustrating you.

It does seem like Ebay's purpose is to try and clean things up a bit.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Patch View Post
    It does seem like Ebay's purpose is to try and clean things up a bit.
    Ebay has their picks and chooses. I've gotten po'd before when they pulled a listing. I reported every other sob that was selling the identical item. It didn't help one iota. I've reported other listings that were blatantly false as to the actual item they were selling. Did no good.

PS- If they want to really clean things up... get rid of all the crap coming from China. We know that will never happen though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links