Found a great item, but never sold on Ebay...tips?

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a "HARIG GRIND-ALL No 1 precision machinist grinding fixture". It's condition is Mint. It is identical to this one currently listed, but mine is in much better condition:
Harig Grind All No 1 Precision Machinist Grinding Fixture Nice Condition | eBay

It has the older "brown crinkled factory paint", not the newer color, but the underside of the mounting base shows no scrapes, scratches or dings that would tell it's ever been used. Case shows light scuff marks and paperwork shows only storage bends. I'd say it's never used.

With the economy, I don't think it would bring what some Ebay sellers are asking for their Harig No.1's; I'd like to get as much as possible. I know I don't want to ship outside the U.S.

What tips do you have that would make a sale the easiest and get the highest dollar?

Bill

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
How much did you pay for it? If it were mine and only paid a few dollars I would list it as MINTY and start at .99 cents and take my chances. Or you could do the BIN at $600 and see if you get any interest. If its new old stock you should get that but you gotta make sure it is. If not its MINTY.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
You need to search completed listings. These have sold anywhere from $300-800 including shipping. Start prices of current auctions have almost no bearing on actual value.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to search completed listings. These have sold anywhere from $300-800 including shipping. Start prices of current auctions have almost no bearing on actual value.

This. The only thing that an active listing shows you is your current competition.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How about start low and have a reserve?

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much did you pay for it? If it were mine and only paid a few dollars I would list it as MINTY and start at .99 cents and take my chances. Or you could do the BIN at $600 and see if you get any interest. If its new old stock you should get that but you gotta make sure it is. If not its MINTY.

NJ,

When I saw it, I had no earthly idea what it was.
When I got home from garage sales, I looked it up and my heart did skip when I saw that brand new ones sell for about two grand.
It's "Mint" in every since of the word.
When I saw it, I thought it looked "interesting". So, I told the lady I'd give $10 just to get the neat little case....

Last edited:
OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As previously stated, check the completed listings. This one sold within the last month Harig Grind All Fixture 1 and Duo Form Excellent Condition | eBay The bidding started at $395 and ended at $964.99. It's not the brown one but... here's the 26 that have recently sold- HARIG GRIND-ALL 1 | eBay

Diggummup,

Thanks for taking the time to look up the past history data. I've not progressed very far in "Ebay-eeze" to do that kind of research. Finding something like this machinist accessory makes me a bit jittery when trying to sell it for a good/faor price due to its high level of condition and the high price a new one actually sells for....
Always appreciate your insight and help!
Bill

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is mintier than anything for sale right now, you could list it for $1000 or even $1200 buy it now or best offer, and see what happens.

Or, list it just like the completed one that brought top dollar, $964, as an auction with a starting price of $395

It is kind of a thin market, people relisting several times to find a buyer, and there are a few for sale right now so be patient.

OP
OP
billjustbill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help, guys.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Still needing time to work up the courage to list it...

Just place a reserve or do a buy it now so you don't give it away cheap...

sent from a potato...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread