ebay traffic

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a chance, run a traffic report and do a comparison between today 4/15 and the last two tuesdays.

I belong to a small (7) local group of merchants that all sell at least some merch on ebay. 6 out of the seven of us had an interesting drop in traffic that started two weeks ago and seems to have peaked today with a significant drop of between 20 and 55%. Among the 6 of us, we specialize in four separate products with two of us selling mixed unrelated goods. Our two clothing people picked up on it first. I've seen this in the past, but not so broadly or starkly. Generally it passes in a few days. I would love to have additional data from you ladies and gents.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Maybe Passover has something to do with the drop in traffic.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
April 15th...tax day!

sent from a potato...

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a store so I can't do a traffic report, but my sales have definitely slowed to a crawl over the last few weeks. Only 9 sales in the last 30 days, and half of them total nickel and dime situations. It's killing me, thank god my etsy store has been doing better.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only sold 2 items this month, I average around 7 or 8 so I'm well behind. I'm forecasted to have 50 fewer page views this month, an approximate 8% drop from last month.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a store either so I can't check my traffic report. I've been averaging 1 sale per day over the last month. This is with an approx. 50 item BIN listings average. Sales should pick up in the next week or so hopefully. I can say my "page views" have been pretty pathetic. Easter is this weekend and tax day just passed, probably has something to do with it. I've been having the same luck at the sales on weekends the last month or so. Just bread and butter type stuff, nothing major.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Odd- my last two weeks were above my average compared to the prior month or so.

I've noticed it fluctuates a lot. Some weeks I have 0 bids or buy-it nows selling and other days I get 5 or so bids and 1 or 2 BIN or best offers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread