USPS Shipping Issue

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I schedule everything I sell to end on Saturday or Sunday. I took everything that was paid for to the PO on Monday like I always do. They have a counter area where you can put your packages so you don't have to stand in line. I set everything down & counted packages to make sure I didn't leave anything in the truck. One of my packages is not showing anything on tracking other than the notation you get when you print postage through ebay.

I'm not sure what to do with this. It's one thing if they didn't scan it & another if it got lost. I don't know if I should wait to see what happens or if I should contact the buyer & tell them there may be a problem. If they are checking tracking they might know already. On the other hand, if they are slightly dishonest & I let them know there's an issue it opens the door to them saying it never arrived. The buyer has over 200 positive feedback split equally between buying/selling.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id wait to see if it shows up today,maybe did not get to it yet or you may have put the wrong no. in i did that before

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Just checked my ebay account. Tracking on that item showed it arrived in Ohio. I guess they didn't bother to scan at the local PO or at the regional hub location every one of my other items get scanned at.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I never leave anything on the PO counter. I always get them scanned and a receipt. If that package never showed you have no proof you dropped it a the PO.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I take the time to wait for a receipt. All the time it takes to buy, list, and then ship - to then skip that final step is......foolish for lack of a better word.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Been doing it that way for over 2 years & this is the only problem I've had. We don't have a lot of people around here that hang out at the post office waiting to steal packages off the counter, which is within arms length of the clerk.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I wasn't saying it would be stolen at the PO. I made a claim on a lost package Christmas time. Only proof I had it ever landed at the PO was the receipt.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been doing it that way for over 2 years & this is the only problem I've had. We don't have a lot of people around here that hang out at the post office waiting to steal packages off the counter, which is within arms length of the clerk.

Well your strategy of not getting you a receipt made you worry enough to post this thread. If your post office is that slow I'd say there was little reason not to get a receipt and avoid any possible issues.

Hangman

Apr 12, 2014
Cape Coral Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Legacy 2500 , BH Time Ranger, El Cheapo pin pointer, ya gotta start some where !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a buyer from E-Bay, USPS in my opinion stink's, I have had package's come from Minnesota and make it to Jacksonville Fla. in 2 day's, then take another 4 day's to get to me in Cape Coral ? I don't trust there service at all, again that's one of many screw up's on my end just from their delivery standard's, on another note in our local news a few year's back a UPS driver was stealing everything from X-boxes to firearms off his truck !

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You have a valid point.

If you are there almost everyday like me. I make nice with the clerk she got a box of Easter Eggs on Fri. It doesn't hurt to be nice after the guy in front of you got 2 dozen money orders. At my location there is another big eBay business that walks in and dumps 15 to 20 packages on the counter. He doesn't even say Hi or Thank You just dumps and runs.

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can also schedule pickups from your home on usps.com and your mailman will scan each package when he picks them up. I always drop my packages into the drop box at the post office, granted it doesn't immediately get scanned but I've never had a problem with it. I'm shipping hundreds of packages every month too.

OP
OP
T

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Small town so every person that walks into the place has long discussions with the clerks about the weather/grandkids/health/whatever. That means a 15-30 minute wait at any time there is 4 or more people in line, which is pretty much any time of day. Obviously I was concerned about this package. Considering it's the first time in the last couple years & waiting in line would take up an extra hour of my time every week I'll probably continue to use the drop off counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread