Ebay... Removed Neutral Feedback Message Received?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a message this morning (last night) from ebay. The title was "Steps we've taken recently to protect your seller performance rating". The message states they recently removed a neutral feedback that I received. My question is where do I find out who left the feedback and/or is it even possible to find out? I never saw a neutral feedback left by anyone and I am on ebay daily.

Steps we've taken recently to protect your seller performance rating
Sent: Apr-23-14 08:11 PM

ebay_95x39.gif

ltCurve.gif
We've taken the following steps to protect you
rtCurve.gif

Hi Robert,

Thanks for working hard to deliver great service to your buyers. To protect your online reputation and create trust in the eBay community, our dedicated seller protection team uses information about buyer activity, including reports from sellers like you. We're here to offer you a fair and safe marketplace.

We want you to know we've recently taken the following steps to protect you:
  • Removed 1 neutral/negative feedback
If you've had a buyer who has violated eBay policies, you can help out other members of the eBay community by reporting the buyer.You can always go to your seller dashboard for more information on your selling performance.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the rating thing is a joke. The last few times I purchased something on ebay, i paid immediately. The seller sent me a messge and said their rating of me would be reflected by my rating of hem. No where does the ebay policy state that.mi bid, won and paid immediately . Why would i not get a high rating. However, i also recently made a purchase where I had asked the seller a couple questions that they answered. I bid and won and paid immediately. I then got no answer from the seller for over a week and got several excuses, such as sorry my email was down, then I was on a vacation and didnt think my item would be sold that quick. They set the timeline for the bidding and knew when it ended. I had contacted ebay when a week had passed with no answer and the seller said they would not give me positive feedback because I had contacted ebay. So I look at the ebay rating system as blackmale and useless. A better way to do feedback would be for neither sides feedback to be visible until after boy have left feedback. If you dont leave feedback after a certain amount of time you cant.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the rating thing is a joke. The last few times I purchased something on ebay, i paid immediately. The seller sent me a messge and said their rating of me would be reflected by my rating of hem. No where does the ebay policy state that.mi bid, won and paid immediately . Why would i not get a high rating. However, i also recently made a purchase where I had asked the seller a couple questions that they answered. I bid and won and paid immediately. I then got no answer from the seller for over a week and got several excuses, such as sorry my email was down, then I was on a vacation and didnt think my item would be sold that quick. They set the timeline for the bidding and knew when it ended. I had contacted ebay when a week had passed with no answer and the seller said they would not give me positive feedback because I had contacted ebay. So I look at the ebay rating system as blackmale and useless. A better way to do feedback would be for neither sides feedback to be visible until after boy have left feedback. If you dont leave feedback after a certain amount of time you cant.

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, so those two people can't hurt you in any way. Since you paid, they can't file an unpaid item claim... worst thing they can do (to your account) is not leave any feedback at all. Treating you like that, they are opening up a can of worms as you can leave them negative, etc. Bad choice on their part to say what they did to you.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
It makes me think that the buyer left a FB that used a key word that ebay has clearly banned. The use of certain words may have triggered ebay's system.

I was on a forum many years ago that banned cuss words. If you typed the cuss word anywhere in your reply, and then hit the post button, it would automatically change it to "I am a potty mouth" on the screen. It makes me wonder if ebay has an alert system that is similar to that forum.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Oh, one other thing.

Your name is Robert? For real?

After all these years of posting on this forum, I had you pegged as a Dave, and possibly a Tom...but Robert? I wouldn't have guessed that one.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, one other thing.

After all these years of posting on this forum, I had you pegged as a Dave, and possibly a Tom...but Robert? I wouldn't have guessed that one.

What?! He is totally "Bob".

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, one other thing.

Does this look like a Dave or Tom to you? :laughing7: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/mug-shots/29954-me-hoosegow.html I guess it's time for another updated pic. That one is a little old now. Time flies when your having fun.
What?! He is totally "Bob".
No... that's Bob with an R, as in Rob. My dad goes by Bob, I hate that name, just the name not him, lol. :thumbsup:

At any rate I guess there is no way to see who left the neutral feedback that I never saw?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Does this look like a Dave or Tom to you? :laughing7: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/mug-shots/29954-me-hoosegow.html I guess it's time for another updated pic. That one is a little old now. Time flies when your having fun.
No... that's Bob with an R, as in Rob. My dad goes by Bob, I hate that name, just the name not him, lol. :thumbsup:

At any rate I guess there is no way to see who left the neutral feedback that I never saw?

Dude, you are a Dave...you look like a guy named Dave...no doubt about it.

And besides, Rob Diggumup has no ring to it. Dave Diggumup? That just rolls off the tongue.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude, you are a Dave...you look like a guy named Dave...no doubt about it.

And besides, Rob Diggumup has no ring to it. Dave Diggumup? That just rolls off the tongue.
Diggummup is what I do, not who I am. :tongue3: Besides you haven't seen me with my hat off.
I will say this... The good lord only made a limited number of perfect heads, he put hair on the rest of them.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last few times I purchased something on ebay, i paid immediately. The seller sent me a messge and said their rating of me would be reflected by my rating of hem.

that is what ebay calls feedback blackmail or extorsion. save that message and let that seller know what you really feel about him in his feedback. he has to give positive feedback, ebay wont allow negative. if he puts something down you don't like just ask ebay to remove it. and point them in the direction of that message.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received the same email. I figured mine out through the seller dashboard. I'll tell you what mine was. I mailed a set of 6 mugs to California. I'm on the east coast. The buyer location said Japan but then it shipped to CA. I'm on the east coast. I think maybe it was a freight forwarder. He sent me 6 pictures of him opening the box in what looked like a warehouse and discovering two of the mugs were broken. The outside of the box was not actually damaged. So it was an odd series of pictures to me. Each of the 6 mugs was slightly different so I don't think it was intentional. He sent me a poorly worded email with the pictures. that said "I request $15 through paypal very disappoint".

Seemed reasonable to me. It was the last of many packages that day so I suspect I was partially to blame and I felt bad about it. I guess I could have proactively refunded him. But this was the first breakage I had occur. And the whole mugs in a warehouse was weird at first. Along with the location saying Japan but shipping to California. I waited for him to open the case for about 2 weeks and then I refunded the 15 and it automatically closed. I left him positive feedback and he left me positive feedback. I don't really feel like there was a lot of blame to lay around. But that is the one they removed.

Last edited:

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe it was a freight forwarder. He sent me like 6 pictures of him opening the box in what looked like a warehouse and discovering two of the mugs were broken.

Yes there is a big ebay freight forewarder near me in CA. But, I don't think the forewarder actually opens the box if it does not look (or sound) broken/damaged. They probably deal only to the Japanese ebay buyer.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason I can think of that someone would have given me a neutral in the last 3 months was on a Rosh Hashanah dish set where I dropped a lid and broke it while packing and had to give the customer their money back (immediately) and ask him to cancel the transaction. But there is nothing on or in my dashboard that explains or gives a clue as to who actually left the neutral that they removed.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes there is a big ebay freight forwarder near me in CA. But, I don't think the forwarder actually opens the box if it does not look (or sound) broken/damaged. They probably deal only to the Japanese ebay buyer.

Thanks for the information. At the time receiving a series of pictures of someone opening mugs in a warehouse was a little odd. Why are these mugs in a warehouse? Why did he take pictures of opening them. In the end it was actually pretty helpful and seeing clearly that two mugs were broken made the case a pretty strong one. I actually sold them for a pretty penny so I don't know how they make any money on the deal by the time they get to Japan. But they clearly have their act together as they must have heard they were broken and took out the camera. I felt bad because the value was probably in having the entire set. I wrote him a sincere apology.

I went back and looked at my letter and it did have slightly different wording. "We want you to know we've recently taken the following steps to protect you:
Removed 1 buyer protection cases "

I actually had positive feedback from the transaction but issued a partial refund.

Last edited:

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
I got a message this morning (last night) from ebay. The title was "Steps we've taken recently to protect your seller performance rating". The message states they recently removed a neutral feedback that I received. My question is where do I find out who left the feedback and/or is it even possible to find out? I never saw a neutral feedback left by anyone and I am on ebay daily.

maybe toolhaus.org will show it even though it is removed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread