I got a nuetral feedback today. Do I have any chance of getting it removed?

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Normally I would not care about a neutral feedback from a customer but with the new changes I must.

I have only had one neutral before and never bothered with it cause it wasn't a big deal, but now they are so I have to.

I bought a mini bottle of perfume from an estates sale.

Vintage Mystere de Rochas Eau de Parfum Mini 2 5 ml Miniature Travel | eBay

It sold for $9.99, I know a huge sale for me, it could change my lifestyle....

Anyway before bidding the eventual buyer sent me this message:

Hello,
How long has the bottle been open? Did the perfume retain its original scent?
thank you.

- (name redacted pm me if you want it)

(this is before she bid on it)

Before I even answered her I checked her feedback. People who asks these types of questions on items tend to be, well you know what. Feedback was clear, no cryptic messages.

So I responded with this:

Dear (name redacted pm me if you want it)

Sorry I do not know. I can say the perfume does have a scent. It is nothing foul or unpleasant but could not say for sure without comparing it to an unopened sample. Sorry I cannot help you more but most of my items are from estate sales, auctions, and garage sales and were not personally owned by me.

So she bids on it and wins. I send it and leave her feedback a day after delivery. So 5 days after she receives it she leaves me a neutral feedback:

the perfume is old and stale

Now the one plus to this entire fiasco is I did list it as a vintage product, and in her neutral feedback she mentions "old". So I definitely think that would help me.

So if anyone who has dealt with removing feedback I could sure use some tips right about now.

Thanks in advance and isn't this new performance ratings awesome!?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I need a button I can click everytime something like this comes up so I don't have to type this all out... Same answer every time. Call Ebay customer service. No matter who answers ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them what you told us. They will resolve it and block the buyer from leaving a negative.. Done."

-NHBandit

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So 5 days after she receives it she leaves me a neutral feedback
That is why i never leave F/B till the buyer has their say.

I am not going to worry about performance rating. It is just more hoops ebay wants us to jump through so they can watch the dog and pony show. I have 100% customer satisfaction, if it goes down it is only because they want to make the hoops smaller. I will still be giving the same service.

The newest rating (if I intrepreted it correctly) is "are we scaring away ebay buyers to never come back?" That is a LAUGH! If one seller cheats me does that then mean every seller will do the same?

OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Well I called ebay and got the neutral removed however so far my seller dashboard has not updated so I still have a defect. The lady I spoke to said it would be removed. If it is not removed in 24 hours I guess I have to call back.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Well I called ebay and got the neutral removed however so far my seller dashboard has not updated so I still have a defect. The lady I spoke to said it would be removed. If it is not removed in 24 hours I guess I have to call back.

Updates??

What happened???

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately there are those people out there that intentionally start trouble in the hopes that they will get something from it. I've sold plenty on EBay and had a guy leave negative feedback because he had buyers remorse on a very expensive vase. Tried to tell me what I had was fake because it shouldn't have hair checks in the glaze..on a 130+year old vase. We already had the item checked over,authenticated and insured but this nut because I told him no refunds slams me with negative feedback and as another posted..dont leave feed back till they do I was able to cripple him with my FB. EBay does step in and rectify but its nothing more than a game to them, I refuse to do business anymore with that site.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
Updates??

What happened???

The nuetral was removed from my feedback and from my "defects". So it worked out int he end but I have a feeling I will be spending lots of time talking to ebay reps in the future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread