Girlfriend started ebay. None of her listings are showing up.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Got her signed up today with ebay and paypal. She listed 10 items and she got the conformation ebay emails that they are listed and they show they are for sale in her my ebay. Its been 7 hours and when I search they are not there and I even search her user name and that says (0) items for sale. Does it take awhile for newbies listing to show? Thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got her signed up today with ebay and paypal. She listed 10 items and she got the conformation ebay emails that they are listed and they show they are for sale in her my ebay. Its been 7 hours and when I search they are not there and I even search her user name and that says (0) items for sale. Does it take awhile for newbies listing to show? Thanks

Get her to email you a link and see if it brings up the item. If it does, it should be ok, and they're just slow going on. I've never heard of it being slower for new users, but who knows what ebay checks are made behind the scenes. oh, and I'm not implying if the link doesn't work there's a problem for sure... I just think you can send someone one even before they are in the system, as I recall doing that.

OP
OP
NJ Marty

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Get her to email you a link and see if it brings up the item. If it does, it should be ok, and they're just slow going on. I've never heard of it being slower for new users, but who knows what ebay checks are made behind the scenes. oh, and I'm not implying if the link doesn't work there's a problem for sure... I just think you can send someone one even before they are in the system, as I recall doing that.
Ok I will have her send me a link later and see. She is so exited to start and bummed at the same time that nothing is showing up. I tell her to relax its all good. Hopefully.
Thanks IP

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I will have her send me a link later and see. She is so exited to start and bummed at the same time that nothing is showing up. I tell her to relax its all good. Hopefully.
Thanks IP

Yeah it's actually a good lesson. Ebay and the buyers will always throw you curve balls and regardless of what it is, you just deal with it the best you can, and there's no point in freaking out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread