Bidders gone wild!

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like a nice bidding war to bring up the price on items although this one is getting me worried...Harley Davidson Motorcycle Bike Switch Blade Knife Stainless Steel | eBay

This switchblade with some damage could go $40-$60 at best, or so I thought. Getting a feeling a message wanting to cancel this sale will come through after the auction ends.

Oh yeah, I paid $1.00 to a lady that found it on a playground.

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great deal!
Who'da thunk it?

I did some research. $40 would be a high end.
Hope the top two bidders don't back out!

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only one problem... It looks like a locking blade... Not a switch bade...A switch babe is a spring loaded knife I believe... They are also illegal I think...

I could be wrong though...

Ed T:)
It is a switchblade, push the button and it smartly flips out the blade. It also locks. Very cool item and the bay has been letting them slide.

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is a switchblade, push the button and it smartly flips out the blade. It also locks. Very cool item and the bay has been letting them slide.

I've seen them advertised as "spring assisted".
Maybe they don't open all the way to the locked position on it's own.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like a nice bidding war to bring up the price on items although this one is getting me worried...Harley Davidson Motorcycle Bike Switch Blade Knife Stainless Steel | eBay This switchblade with some damage could go $40-$60 at best, or so I thought. Getting a feeling a message wanting to cancel this sale will come through after the auction ends. Oh yeah, I paid $1.00 to a lady that found it on a playground.

I feel less guilty about finding the iPad on the road and keeping it with your dollar knife purchase from the playground. I always believed in trying to return stuff and it has never worked. I tried craigslist as a lost and found... Got 4 texts the first hour! Eh.. Hi, this is tom, I lost my iPad it's black! Huh, no kidding it's black? What's the password,? CLICK!

In fact I was going to say more but I think I'm going to use this to start the thread instead. I would do the same thing though! Nice find!

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I have a couple of switch blades laying around. I thought for sure ebay didn't allow them. I guess I can give it a try.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I wonder if it'll go over $200. lol. My luck it'd get pulled in the first hour if I listed something against policy. Happened several times before that's for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I wonder if it'll go over $200. lol. My luck it'd get pulled in the first hour if I listed something against policy. Happened several times before that's for sure.
Wouldn't that be nice! I have a feeling these people have probably sobered up and the high bidder is hoping the other person will bid "just one more time".

I don't know how...I have been very lucky with restricted or banned stuff getting through on the couple occasions when listing them, I still have one more set of Jarts that I will have to sell somewhere else.

I have not checked on switchblade policy, when I see other similar items listed, I list mine too.

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be a rare John Deere item, sorely wanted by collectors. Never know!
Funny you say that, the same exact knife I was basing my high end price on was a John Deere version.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to me on a lure, and the guy was mad because it was repainted just like I said in the description. Hopefully that won't happen to you on the damage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread