Recommended for block list?

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking that since most who visit this ebay sub-forum sell on ebay at some level, it would be nice to have a sticky that we can list unscrupulous buyers on and categorize them by state.

This way, if anyone else chooses to trust the person who feels a buyer deserved to be on their block list, they could also add that same person to their own block list and possibly save themselves a headache.

Is it even something that is do-able? Can you block someone even if you have had no prior dealings with that person or is it against ebay policy?

I'd like to hear what you all think of this.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have blocked A lot of people. People who ask...will you take less? Will you end the auction early?
If they become a pest...blocked!
And the way I have it set up, the can't email you once they are blocked. I bought an item. 16 days no item, just excuses. We donated the item to goodwill. What? you should have it by now!
Even though they have never bought anything from me...blocked!
because they could be trouble.
People who buy an item from me and never pay. I open a case...waste of time never hear from them.Blocked! I think ebay allows 5 non pays a year.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was mentioned not too long ago on here. I've thought about it myself. I belong to another forum that has a thread with a list of unscrupulous sellers that deal in repro. and faked militaria items. I see no reason we couldn't start one here for problem buyers and sellers too. Getting a sticky on it would be nice too.

OP
OP
Justice70

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not know how to make a sticky thread, I assume a moderator has to do that?

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd post mine but it might overload the server...due to the sheer size of my blocked bidder list! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this has lawsuit written all over it

OP
OP
Justice70

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this has lawsuit written all over it

Yeah, you may be right Jeff Gordon. Maybe we should just start saying " I ran into a bad ebayer and you can pm me for details". Or we can just add BSPMM= Bad seller private message me, or BBPMM= Bad buyer

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1286549654@deleted, joefernandes@cogecoDefaultzakiah2010ashleylaza1982118doctor, alexbiffert20, andrew_ang_c_p, ashleylaza1987, atlbraves48, bassaxeworks, cajsol1963, calvello, caniwin-12, casbahnumismatique, ckwmoonstar, conon51, coreysyammyhammered, daiwafan25, dodgerblue76123, driv3rblazr, el_estillao, greybeard8473, hoang5510, horuts07mihail, image, isranumis.ltd, jaco59jaco, jbea8430, jorgeluis55, kathy06883, laochen1996, metroangel, mirandaof79, mondeleazul, moomoo025, ori_zil, pidelo02, pkal56, qianjinongoing2010, rexx33, theart79, tongsign, toniox2000, wondercat0, zackarynathan, 34972864@deleted, 780212@deleted, caniwin-7

OP
OP
Justice70

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy mackerel OV.....I hope you didn't get bad feedback from all of those.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy mackerel OV.....I hope you didn't get bad feedback from all of those.
1719 and no negs yet (knock on wood}
These are non paying bidders, sellers who never shipped..I put them on there because after I give them negative feedback, I do not want them buying from me!
And A lot of people from other countries that say...please sell to me you can mark the value down on customs. Ship it cheap too!
Once they are on the "list" they can not email you either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread