Free boxes

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
It took me a while cause I am slow but for your boxing needs and lowest shipping try setting up an account with the USPS online. They offer free priority boxes online and it is the only place you can get regional shipping boxes (A and B, though the B's i might find a use for once a year.). About 4-5 months ago I finally decided to find out what they were. They are great. They are flat rate boxes, a little smaller than a medium flat rate box, but depending on where they are going they can be less than half the cost. A boxes are up to 15 pounds and B boxes are over 15 I think. But unless you are shipping gold I don't see how you could fill a regional A box and go over 15 pounds.

Also with my ebay discount I would say 80% of my packages are cheaper to ship priority than parcel/standard post. I just found out they will give you free priority boxes online also. (not flat rate) But great if you are always paying for or scrounging boxes. Best of all the will deliver them to you.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Best kept secret in the Post Office. Made a big big difference in my bottom line when I found out about them.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
Best kept secret in the Post Office. Made a big big difference in my bottom line when I found out about them.
I will look into the regional boxes.I have seen them and never gave them a thought. My last medium flat rate box shipped from NJ to Cali and weighed 57lbs. The guy at the post office wasn't happy.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will look into the regional boxes.I have seen them and never gave them a thought. My last medium flat rate box shipped from NJ to Cali and weighed 57lbs. The guy at the post office wasn't happy.

Reminds me of the joke:

"I rear-ended a car this morning. So, there we were alongside the road and slowly the
other driver got out of his car.

You know how sometimes you just get soooo stressed and little things just seem funny?

Yeah, well I couldn’t believe it…. he was a DWARF!!!

He stormed over to my car, looked up at me, and shouted, ‘I AM NOT HAPPY!!!’

So, I looked down at him and said, ‘Well, then which one are you?’"

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Using EBay shipping and my discount a med FR cost me $10.44. So I send something to Pa. And it fits in the regional A box. $5.32. NJ to west coast again with my eBay discount 9.75 A box.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to be clear - can you select regional shipping when shipping with eBay?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread