eBay 2014 Fall Seller Update- Maybe Some Help For Those "Cases" Opened Accidentally

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eBay 2014 Fall Seller Update- Maybe Some Help For Those "Cases" Opened Accidentally

There may be some help coming for those of you who have buyers that accidentally opened a case against you by accidentally clicking the wrong button when asking you a question after a sale. among other things.

New safeguards for sellers are built in

• [*=left]The streamlined after-sale experience shows buyers the appropriate help options in My eBay based on where they are in the after-sales process to help reduce instances where they may inadvertently cause a defect.
    [*=left]To help buyers with after-sales support, we’re adding an option in the Contact Seller form that allows buyers to ask you a question about an item they’ve purchased or send you a message after the sale. This option will not be considered a "request/ case" and will not impact your seller performance.
    [*=left]To align with the seller performance standards, which go into effect with the August 20 performance evaluation, an expanded defect removal policy establishes clear instances where defects will be automatically removed from your performance record—without having to ask eBay to step in and help.
    [*=left]All buyers requesting returns will now have a more detailed list of reasons for returning an item—so eBay can determine why the buyer is requesting a return. This will help reduce the number of instances where buyers state that they’re requesting a return because the item they’ve received wasn’t as described.

2014 Fall Seller Update—see what’s new.
Sent: Aug-12-14 09:00 AM

spacer.gif
2013EmailHeader_TopRule_WithGradient_600x9.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updates this fall will help boost sales—and streamline your selling

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear eclectibles-r-us:

With the holiday rush right around the corner, we're excited to announce a number ofupdates and improvements that will make it easier and more efficient than ever to increase your sales and manage your business.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, create listings and manage sales with FREE Selling Manager
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE for all sellers, Selling Manager lets you quickly create and edit listings, track sales, and more from one central location—plus, get powerful recommendations from eBay to help boost your visibility and sales. There's no better time to subscribe and start using this valuable tool.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A more streamlined experience, after the sale
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting in mid-September, you'll have a simpler, more efficient way to manage the requests you receive from buyers in a new after-sale experience. Updates include an improved returns process that includes most of the benefits of hassle-free returns. Starting early next year, hassle-free returns will be extended to more US sellers until all eligible domestic returns are handled this way by the 2015 holiday season.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Connect and learn more
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Get full details on the 2014 Fall Seller Update[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]See the Seller Checklist for a summary of the updates and to stay on top of important dates[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ask your questions in a special discussion board we'll be hosting over the next two days[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Join a Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, August 13, from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm PT[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Register for upcoming webinars that dive deep into recent updates and include live Q&As[/FONT]
[/FONT]

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good news for me, I was quite upset with the new defect ratings. I'm tops on everything except that I have had too many cases opened(6) with 3 of those being with questions on an item after the sale, two fishing for a couple bucks back well over a month after the sale and one jerk stealing my item and threatening my fb if I didn't give his money back including the shipping and not wanting to return the item.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After numerous complaints on the eBay blogs and forums it is about time.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you read the part about "hassle free returns"? If you don't offer returns you will not like the updates.

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to start charging a ten percent restocking fee on returns.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I am going to start charging a ten percent restocking fee on returns.

Read the fine print, you only get a restocking fee if the buyer is honest enough to say it was buyer's remorse. If they say INAD you get no restocking fee. Also if you charge a restocking fee, more than likely you are getting a neg on a return.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if the buyer skirts the buyers remorse reasoning and goes with not as described, you could have a case/defect.
Better to just give in and accept the return with a smile.

Trust me, Ive had the same thoughts as you, but read enough of other people's problems to just accept it and just make sure you charge enough over all your sold items to cover the eventual return so it balances out.

Havent had my coffee yet, so hope that made sense... haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread