dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All I posed was a simple question, "Would you be interested in trying a new platform at at a cost lower than ebay." A simple yes or no would have sufficed but except for bill, all I received back was convoluted replies.

So I will try this one more time, would you be interested in WORKING TOGETHER to try a new platform that has LESS FEES than ebay and has the potential to MAKE MORE MONEY for your items?

Please try to keep responses to a yes or no. Thank you.
NO...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is not a question that is black and white, making it impossible to just give a yes/no.

Do you like food? yes or no
What kind of food is the real question.

I'd work on your marketing campaign before you worry about recruiting new people to a mystery.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for bothering you guys by trying to help each other. Just goes to show you how untrusting and skeptical the world has become. Please don't post on other threads your complaints about ebay but when someone brings an idea to the table, you treat them like crap. Oh well, could've been good for all of us. Guess I'll just do it myself. Good luck.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is trying to get information treating you like crap? People are interested, but wanted more information. Wow.

davidmunz

Greenie
Jul 10, 2014
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/ White's TRX & Tesoro Sand Shark w/ RTG SS Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a new platform. Already has buyers and traffic. I believe I pay around 9% for eBay. What I'm thinking about would cost 5% with a $20 fee or a staight 6-7% of sales. You can choose which one you prefer. You really don't have anything to lose if you do straight percentage.

If it's not a new platform and already has buyers and traffic, then why is it a problem to release more information to us?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I posed was a simple question, "Would you be interested in trying a new platform at at a cost lower than ebay." A simple yes or no would have sufficed but except for bill, all I received back was convoluted replies.

So I will try this one more time, would you be interested in WORKING TOGETHER to try a new platform that has LESS FEES than ebay and has the potential to MAKE MORE MONEY for your items?

Please try to keep responses to a yes or no. Thank you.
Going for the quick sale, now, huh? :laughing7:

Hoss, don't get your chaps all bunched up under you. Makes the horse uncomfortable. :thumbsup:
And alienating and yelling at ppl is always a good strategy. :BangHead:
Everyone wants to work with someone like that! :violent1: :tongue3: :laughing7:

You may not fully realize the demographic here. That's ok. If more info comes around, maybe I'll stumble back in.
Otherwise, good luck with your endeavors.

Last edited:

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i don't think they treated you like crap all they wanted to know is who owns the site
thew main problem i see is that you are trying to hide the site from us
perhaps you are gonna setup a click thru site so that you get paid for each unique ip
and dont want us to know you really dont care as long as you get paid
now you have been treated like crap

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry for bothering you guys by trying to help each other. Just goes to show you how untrusting and skeptical the world has become. Please don't post on other threads your complaints about ebay but when someone brings an idea to the table, you treat them like crap. Oh well, could've been good for all of us. Guess I'll just do it myself. Good luck.
Good luck to you...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No... until you answer who gets the money the answer is No... All you have to do is answer the question where does the money go. You keep evading that question that's why you're getting all the pushback. If you get 100 people to give you 20 2000 enough to buy a ctx 3030..
Please just answer the question or drop it.

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm cool with the low percentage on sales. To pay a base fee with zero information on the "details"?, no way. I was a successful door to door sales guy right out of high school, didn't last long, some of those sales, the "yes" came after being kicked out of homes at gunpoint. As someone that was in the sales business in the "80's, this also screams of "pyramid scheme". Being a top brick is wonderful but there is no mortar and the mud collapses underneath very quickly.

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I haven't given details is because I wanted to research it further before giving misinformation. I saw it breifly the other night, that it was interesting and wanted to see if anyone would be interested before I start spending my time on it. Like I said before, I wouldn't be making any money on it but it would be cheaper if we teamed up.

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the reduced fees would not be worth the reduced traffic from buyers which would result in lower sales prices. I can list my items on craigslist for free, but there just isn't the volume of buyers there that would equal ebay sales.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
And still no info. My answer is, HELL NO! icon_evil.gif

OP
OP
mkulltra

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all the heckling, here is what i've been thinking about...

I'm sure you are all familiar with LiveAuctioneer. I was on there the other night while researching an artist and came across the bottom of the page where it has a sign up to be an auctioneer. They have an online auction system that runs automatically once you set it up. The cost is $99 + 5% but you can list up to 1250 items. This is where I got the idea to split the cost.

I've spent the last couple days watching their auctions and it seems like everything that is priced pretty well sells and sometimes way more than you would get on ebay. Jewelry seems to go for way more. Art goes for way more for known artists. Antiques and collectibles sell pretty well too.

Like I said before, this something I might try to do myself and list everything I have in one auction. I just dont have 1250 items laying around and the $100 setup is kind of expensive to do alone.

I got as far along in the registration process as I was willing to go but didn't see any deal breakers. I wasn't able to find out information about shipping charges to buyers which is one of the things I was trying to research before posting. I did see that they have an automatic system for charging buyers and they do use PayPal.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around whether this is something to continue researching and trying. I'm not sure if it is worthwhile with the big upfront cost.

Anyway, I think that's all for now.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you realize that Paypal is owned by eBay...

Your on your own from here on out...

I use to run 600 eBay auctions all at the same time...

If you want the best traffic and prices stick with eBay...

At least you finally answered where the money goes...

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a fine idea to start a TNet antique and artifact auction house. Generally they have a buyers premium 10-20%, 3% to the auction host (liveauctioneers) and then actual shipping costs. All paid by the buyer.

If you can get some name recognition it could do well.

Usually they have a live camera feed and images of the items up for bid. Would you be the auctioneer? Then it'd be up to the seller to ship items to the buyers and usually without any sort of return policy.

For a 10% sellers premium I think people would be lining up to sell high dollar stuff once it gets up and running.

jfreakofkorn

Jul 19, 2012
behind a desk ...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is just my opinion, but ....

seems to be alot of hole(s) in this ship for it to float anytime soon ....

mis information or not; its still knowledge .... everyone can do their part and look into a bit more ( if this something everyone agrees to )

w/ having a site up and running, there are fees ( YES, maintenance and management, etc ... ) so a min. charge is required ....

fleabay got its greed on, once they purchased/ acquired paypal and they set the cost(s) afterwards ... and alot has changed since than ( no history lesson on this today, probably another day )

in the beginning of anything except more question(s) than answer(s) here .... best of luck on the en devour

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see, so just the online Auction option here: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/becomealiveauctioneer

Would be fun with an actual Auctioneer, someone from tnet, but $650 is a lot. If you charge a buyers premium you could make that up pretty quick over 200 items.

I'd tune in to watch the Auction at least and there has been some stuff posted here I'd put a bid in on! If we got a banner on the tnet site at auction day I think you'd get more traffic than a lot of starting live auctions. As far as inventory maybe even have a section for posting items for inclusion with prebidding...any prebids would be votes to put the item in the auction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread