Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why it is best to start out selling a lot of cheap and easy to ship items. A lot of people won't buy from low feedback sellers.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i used to get upset about not getting feedback in return. but im selling to make money not feedback. but i does stink that it hurts you when you have a low feed back trying to sell. you can buy a bunch of low cost items to boost your feedback numbers.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've sold about a dozen items now and only got feedback on two. ??

Be thankful. I would prefer not to have feedback. I believe I am one of the best sellers on ebay...I describe stuff to the nth degree, take great pics, and ship the same day it is bought. There are too many people that think that leaving low DSRs is something they should do.

I have gotten emails from people who said "I wish that I could have left you 5 stars, but it took 5 days to get here." They live in the boonies of Alaska, for Pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that to some people, leaving 5 stars for a seller would require that the seller do something magical and extraordinary for them...as if no one in the world could ever attain their outlandish expectations.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When someone buys something I don't bother with the "Invoice" option because folks pay for the stuff either immediately or by the next day. Would sending an invoice maybe remind them to leave feedback?

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be thankful.

I agree.

However, I get strange email from buyers demanding I leave feedback. I suppose you could write a nice message and say I have low feedback and would appreciate your positive feedback as I am a new seller. I have already left you positive feedback.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get feedback 60% of the time and sometimes it is almost 2 months from the sale date

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When someone buys something I don't bother with the "Invoice" option because folks pay for the stuff either immediately or by the next day. Would sending an invoice maybe remind them to leave feedback?

You can't send an invoice once someone has paid, and if you could I fail to see how doing that would remind someone to leave feedback - Personally I'd be confused and maybe even annoyed thinking you were trying to scam me out of more money for an item I already paid for.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, guys, I'm on the 'other end'. I'm a buyer. I've never sold anything on Ebay. I've bought a lot, and I mean a lot, of stuff on Ebay. So far, I've only had three instances where I was disappointed.

I bought a 'cheap' accordion. The buttons on it 'stuck' when they were pushed. I contacted the seller and was sent another one as soon as he received the return.

About a year ago I bought something, don't remember exactly what it was. I didn't read the description as well as I should; but it was a little vague. I consider my fault although the description was vague about needing a charger for the item. I sent a note to the seller and suggested that he should make it clear that the item wouldn't work without a charger. Never heard a word from him. I gave no feedback.

The last item was a glass slide for a guitar. It was broken when I received it. When I didn't send a feedback, I was sent an email asking if I had received the item and if I was satisfied. I replied about what had happened. They offered to refund my money. I said I didn't expect a refund because of the small price that I paid for the item. It was like $2. I told them to forget it, that I was satisfied enough and would order another one later when I needed some other items from their Ebay site. I then gave the a 5 star rating.

I have bought numerous items from the internet and been very pleased with almost everyone of them. I do try to research what I'm buying and the seller.

Packerbacker, what are you selling on Ebay? PM me and let me know if you have a 'store site' or just individual items.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is normal. I'll make a deal with you though. If you buy all my items and pay immediately and leave a HUGE tip as well, I promise to leave glowing positive feedback for you! Lol!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's something I didn't think to mention. I believe I have close to a 100% feedback on my purchases. I don't remember making a deal/adding something to my cart, without paying for it before leaving the site. I have occasionally added something to my cart and then removed it before leaving the site. I used to bid on quite a few items; but got to the point that I didn't want to wait and just started the 'buy now' feature. Hey, I love Ebay!

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, Ebay has so tightly controlled the feedback mechanism, and so heavily tilted the playing field in favor of the buyer, that feedback is losing it's value and many are abandoning it.

Ebay is slowly killing itself.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I print the shipping label, I respond to the buyer's paypal email to me and tell them their item is on its way and I'll leave positive feedback straightaway. I am not sure if that increases the number of feedbacks I get or not, but I'm like a lot of the others there and I really don't care at this point. It does seem to get me 5 stars on communication. As long as I keep my TSR, I'm good. Better no feedback than low feedback.

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I print the shipping label, I respond to the buyer's paypal email to me and tell them their item is on its way and I'll leave positive feedback straightaway. I am not sure if that increases the number of feedbacks I get or not, but I'm like a lot of the others there and I really don't care at this point. It does seem to get me 5 stars on communication. As long as I keep my TSR, I'm good. Better no feedback than low feedback.

I used to do this, but I read somewhere on this forum that leaving preemptive feedback stacks the odds further in the buyer's favor if there is a dispute. Makes sense in an "anything you say can and will be used against you" context, anyone have experience with this?

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do this, but I read somewhere on this forum that leaving preemptive feedback stacks the odds further in the buyer's favor if there is a dispute. Makes sense in an "anything you say can and will be used against you" context, anyone have experience with this?

A court case mentality is going to end up hurting everyone in the end, IMHO. I try to take the high road and build up good will/karma. Live from an agenda of abundance rather than an agenda of fear.

And as a buyer, when I see a seller's statement that they only leave positive feedback after they get mine, I move on. Because I'm asking myself what happened to cause them to say that. It is a red flag that says there was a dispute at some point.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paleo Joe, as a buyer, I've not had that happen, at least not yet. Yeah, I'd say there was something going on and I wouldn't want to deal with that seller any more.
When I start to purchase something on Ebay, I almost always look at the feedbacks the seller has. This a lot of times causes me to try to find what I'm looking for at another source.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions