The view of "My eBay" has changed, and Im not happy!

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
The view of "My eBay" has changed, and I'm not happy!

When I go to my ebay, I like looking at what has sold, even though I get the notifications via my iPhone. I've been printing labels from that 'sold' section every day for many years.

Once again, without asking me, eBay has changed that section of "my ebay." Now it shows up with my watch list. I cannot figure out how to change it so that my sold section comes up first.

I've noticed that, over the years, ebay freely changes how I view and see stuff, without ever notifying me. I swear, I am 110% positive that ebay has me on a guinea pig list. I get stuff changed all of the time, and have been told by ebay many times that "it is an experimental change we are trying out with some of our sellers."

I get these changes made to how I see and view stuff, but when I talk to other sellers, or post it on the internet, no one seems to know what I am talking about.

The last time they did this, it was an experimental deal called a beta format, complete with bugs and issues galore...all the while, I was on dial up service! I just about pulled my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness, if I could just get those people at ebay corporate to leave my stuff alone. I love ebay...but this stuff gets old...really fast.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked mine and it is the same. Thank goodness. I know what you are saying!

Mine has my active selling, then my watch list, then a totally bogus section I can't get rid of that has suggestions based on what I'm watching, and then my sold items. I have little arrows on the top right hand side that let me move them up and down, to a certain extent.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
For the past 4 hours, I've been wanting to call ebay to learn how I can change the settings back to what I want.

Ebay hasn't even shown their phone number, or the "call you back" option, and has a message saying "High phone volumes are leading to extended wait times."

Makes you wonder if they ticked off enough people with these changes...

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I just spent 22 minutes of my life on the phone with ebay.

"We are trying to keep ebay fresh and exciting" is what they said. "I'll make a report that you weren't happy with the changes."

I wish that whoever is in charge at ebay would quit jacking with my stuff. Would like to have the 22 minutes I spent with them back in my life!!!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes you wonder if they ticked off enough people with these changes...

yep, but I bet they don't care.
like I said before. people were hired just to come up with changes, if they don't then they are out of a job. can you imagine a group of suits sitting around, right now, trying to out do each other for the october changes to make life more exciting for us?

AND YES, SUITS IS A FOUR LETTER WORD that the mods should add to their list.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
You can change what ebay calls the "landing page" by clicking the "Change" link as shown just above the red arrow in the screenshot below:

ebay.jpg

Sorry for the crappy screenshot. Click on the image to expand it so you can see it clearly.

OP
OP
C

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks, Tallone!

That is exactly told me on the phone...even after searching for an hour on my own, I had no idea on how to change it.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I live to serve. :happy3: eBay many not have had anything to do with your landing page getting changed. I'm not entirely sure about this (and assuming you are using Windows) but I suspect that the landing page is recorded somewhere in your computer's registry. The Windows registry is notoriously finicky and prone to getting messed up. There is good, free software out there that will clean up registry messes (and other issues) for you. The one I have been using for years is called CCleaner. You can find it here:

Piriform - Download

I also use their defrag software, Defraggler, which can be found on the same page.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh god ebay has been screwing me for the last 2 weeks. I cant get anything to list properly, the screen bunces around or randomly deletes info I filled in, then when I go to revise from my mobile it will delete my shipping and unable to select anymore. Then I get a email saying there running a spot check to see where I get my stuff from. Ha I get it all from yard sales, I cant prove any of it. Well there giving me 30 days to show or im out. Did same thing to my cousin who was selling dog meds he could get from his brother who works at a shipping company. When boxes break open they give the stuff away, so they've been tearing it up selling the meds. One day they will want to charge me for a listing item the next or when I revise its free. Ebay needs to get their stuff tighter or they will lose droves of people.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions