possible shipping problems

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just off the top of my head, you will need to ship the item Ground or Parcel Post. Not allowed to ship Priority. Not sure about any other rules though.

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
ok awesome thank you! I caught four at my work place and they seem to average around 40 bucks a piece and preserving them seems pretty straight forward so I should make at least a hundred off of these as long as everything goes smoothly and I don't get bit or one escapes in my house!

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breed them and start a wicked spider farm with residual sales and don't go cheap on an enclosure. Sounds good but the devil is in the details...

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
breeding these things seems a lil too risky for me but it cross me mind! I've got egg sacks

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kept several black widows many years ago. Do not keep them in the same jar. You will end up with one FAT spider! Do not leave eggs in with momma. When they hatch, they kill momma and each other until you have one fat spider. If you hatch eggs in jars with holes poked in the top, they are small enough when they are born to come out the holes. They are much faster than you think. When you open the jar to drop in food, they can run up your arm before you know it. They need very soft skin to be able to bite through, so they can't bite you in most spots. 90% of black widow bites are on the parts that hang through the hole in your outhouse! If you have an outhouse, occasionally, roll up a newspaper, light it and "flame" the underside of the seat. Only do this on a well vented outhouse. Methane gas is flammable. Black Widow lesson done!

Hangman

Apr 12, 2014
Cape Coral Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Legacy 2500 , BH Time Ranger, El Cheapo pin pointer, ya gotta start some where !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya gotta be kidding me ! Up to $40.00 for a petrified black widow spider. All theses years I been cooking at least a dozen around my back patio with a propane torch !!! I have 2 dumb dogs and 3 very young and curious grand kids. Man I could have paid for one very expensive MD machine by now !! Who knew. Good Luck with your venture and don't worry I'm not going to flood the market LOL, Doug.

OP
OP
willis7

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
I live in central kansas! thank you for the advice in handling them, I'm considering putting them in the freezer for an hour so they don't move and I can bottle them easier. I didn't know they brought that much until yesterday, after I saw them I got curious and checked completed listings just too see and there wasn't a single not sold one and even one that sold around 120. I couldn't believe it! should be an easy 100 for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread