USPS shipping discount knocked down to 11%?

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was about to ship a Medium Flat Rate Box which I charged $10.65 to ship (this is my cost accounting for the eBay discount, 13%), saw that I am now only given an 11% discount (charged $11.30). There has been no change to my status (not Top-Rated for over 2 months now) and there is nothing unusual about this sale. Am I missing something? Has it been like this for a while and I've just overlooked it until now? Am I losing my mind?

I have a feeling I'm overlooking something really simple...

Fushek

Aug 21, 2013
North East Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm ... the shipping discount changes on every item for me ... I think that it's based on the distance and the type of mailing. For instance, I remember getting a 49% discount on a priority mail package to Indiana from Ohio ... but get something far less (15% etc) if shipping to Utah Parcel Post.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My discount rates vary also. I don't really use flat rate boxes to any regularity so I wouldn't notice it.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I get the 13% for being Top Rated. If you lose that or let it go I believe it goes down.

OP
OP
G

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, seems like it's variable and I just happened to notice with this one. Makes sense since I'm shipping dead across the country. Thanks everyone!

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I'm paying $10.65 for medium flat rate which has been the same for the last several months. The % varies on everything else but flat rates have always been the same for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread