What would you do?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some DVD sets on eBay. I don't care if they sell for five dollars or 500. There nothing important to me I just started auction them and $.99. I get a local guy through my email sends five emails asking me to call him and that he wants to buy them. Wants me to end the auction and he'll buy it in cash. +2 other ones I have as well.

This guy has zero feedback and he's been a member since 2012. Should I let him bid on the auction and then sell it to him as the highest bidder Or is this foolish because of all the emails he sent me through eBay? To end it early for him.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some DVD sets on eBay. I don't care if they sell for five dollars or 500. There nothing important to me I just started auction them and $.99. I get a local guy through my email sends five emails asking me to call him and that he wants to buy them. Wants me to end the auction and he'll buy it in cash. +2 other ones I have as well.

This guy has zero feedback and he's been a member since 2012. Should I let him bid on the auction and then sell it to him as the highest bidder Or is this foolish because of all the emails he sent me through eBay? To end it early for him.
Tell him you would be willing to relist them all as one lot for a certain agreed BIN price and offer free local pick up. Simple.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got to be careful with the local pick up. there's no delivery conformation to prove it was delivered. i tell them i dont end auctions early. ive had really bad luck with zero feedback bidders lately with non payment. ive had to open non payment cases on the same item the last two times i have listed it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think people are pretty honest for the most part. I have been on both ends of local pick up, as a seller and as a buyer. I haven't had any problems yet.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think people are pretty honest for the most part. I have been on both ends of local pick up, as a seller and as a buyer. I haven't had any problems yet.

We decided that I was going to let him bid on them and if he wins the auction on all three that I would throw in 2 more single DVDs for free that I have sitting here and saves me from listing the pair that sell for $20. So that should make him bid them up if nothing less. He gets 2 free!!

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I may have read it here, but it is worth repeating. If you do a local pickup deal, take cash only. That way they can't do a paypal dispute since you won't have tracking number and stuff.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I may have read it here, but it is worth repeating. If you do a local pickup deal, take cash only. That way they can't do a paypal dispute since you won't have tracking number and stuff.

good advise

dw171

Aug 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I read in PayPal's fine print earlier today that you can't open a dispute on local pickup items. However, that doesn't mean the buyer still can't get their money back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions