Favorite item sold of the week...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will catch on!!! But what is your favorite thing you sold this week. Doesn't have to be high dollar maybe something you're happy to see go finally or something that when you bought it was just a total surprise when you found out what you had! Or even that one thing you paid $.25 for and told your kid will give them whatever it sells for it... And it sells for 10 bucks!

Make it fun! This is how we all learn more anyways!!

Either way what is your favorite sale of the week??

Mine was a Toronto raptors hat.. Paid $2, sold for $110 shipped!

image-2171390092.jpg

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Favorite item sold was a fastpitch softball bat. Buddy of mine who is constantly picking thrift stores found an Easton Synergy fastpitch softball bat. He sent me some photos and I did some quick research. He bought the bat from the thrift store for $2. I gave him $100. I sold it within an hour for $415. True value of the bat probably about $550. Everybody made out on this deal.

$_57 (2).JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Fenton Cake stand. Not for the sold price ($79.99) but because it was a pita to pack and ship after working all night. I'm glad it's gone.

Item I wish I hadn't sold this past week? My Native American Jewelry Hallmarks encyclopedia. Don't even know why I listed it. Stupid move.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya on the pita stuff that you sell.

I always have a few things I dread selling knowing I gotta ship them.

Yesterday I made myself list those things I bought and then didn't feel like selling because it was a pain. I am hoping that I learn not to buy things like that again. I made some calculations on how much money I tie up every month doing it. That cash is dead when it is sitting there tied up and it starts to add up after a while.

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess I should post my item of the week. It is a international harvester first aid kit from the 1970s that I bought for $1 and sold for $80 after a ton of bidding. And I have another :) But what is interesting it that I did a second-chance offer to the second highest bidder, and he didn't want it. I have had zero luck with second chance offers - I think people cool off and get some sense, lol.

IMG_4832.jpg IMG_4834.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I have never had a second chance offer accepted.

I just had one know where I opened a case for nonpayment the case was closed by eBay. I relisted the item and then the original buyer paid for the pendant. So I canceled the new listing and mail it off but if the case was closed on a non pay how are they able to still come back and pay for the thing after it's been canceled?

Jayers

Jun 28, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Just starting out with a BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here. I have never had a second chance offer accepted.
I actually got my 15' Chrysler sailboat as a second chance offer. The original bidder (who had -1 feedback btw) cancelled out because he didn't have the 1 7/8" hitch ball needed to tow it!
A five dollar item at the hardware store, and the ad even said what ball size was needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread