Thanks for the threat!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a turd. This was on a one dollar item. Not to mention it got shipped out on Tuesday because last Monday was a holiday and it's traveling across the country. I did not ship it priority mail because it's sold for total of $3.99!

I got this email today and just irritates me of how people can be so mad in life especially when it's something out of my control.

"Hello I Have Paid For My Item On The 18TH Now It's The 27th And The Item is Still in Florida? If Not Received Today I Well Open Up A Case Which Will give You A Strike and It will Make Your account Look BAD. I'm Calling Up EBAY Today And I'm Going To Report You And I Will Never Do Business with You Any Longer. GOOD LUCK! "

That last sentence where they will never do business with me any longer. She got that right!!
I emailed her back and told her to please kindly check her calendar that she paid on a Saturday night and the post office was closed on Sunday and they were closed on Monday for a holiday and it takes more than four days to come first class from South Florida to upstate New York.

I'm not refunding her I don't see why it's so important to be mad over something so little. Maybe because she has three negatives so she is internally negative I'm not sure. If she opens up a case though that's fine I'll just provide all the information and if she leaves a negative I'm pretty sure ebay will take it off after her threatening email!

I will post whatever she returns back saying to me. I can't imagine it will be very polite!

To put into perspective I got rear ended this weekend I got out looked at my car there was a little bit of damage. I asked the lady if she could back up and hit it again to total it? I didn't get mad over my car getting hit! But this lady looks all irate and psycho over a $4 dollar piece of jewelry!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What a turd. This was on a one dollar item. Not to mention it got shipped out on Tuesday because last Monday was a holiday and it's traveling across the country. I did not ship it priority mail because it's sold for total of $3.99!

I got this email today and just irritates me of how people can be so mad in life especially when it's something out of my control.

"Hello I Have Paid For My Item On The 18TH Now It's The 27th And The Item is Still in Florida? If Not Received Today I Well Open Up A Case Which Will give You A Strike and It will Make Your account Look BAD. I'm Calling Up EBAY Today And I'm Going To Report You And I Will Never Do Business with You Any Longer. GOOD LUCK! "

That last sentence where they will never do business with me any longer. She got that right!!
I emailed her back and told her to please kindly check her calendar that she paid on a Saturday night and the post office was closed on Sunday and they were closed on Monday for a holiday and it takes more than four days to come first class from South Florida to upstate New York.

I'm not refunding her I don't see why it's so important to be mad over something so little. Maybe because she has three negatives so she is internally negative I'm not sure. If she opens up a case though that's fine I'll just provide all the information and if she leaves a negative I'm pretty sure ebay will take it off after her threatening email!

I will post whatever she returns back saying to me. I can't imagine it will be very polite!

To put into perspective I got rear ended this weekend I got out looked at my car there was a little bit of damage. I asked the lady if she could back up and hit it again to total it? I didn't get mad over my car getting hit! But this lady looks all irate and psycho over a $4 dollar piece of jewelry!

I would suggest only responding with facts and do not let it get "personal". I am fairly sure you have nothing to worry about.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest only responding with facts and do not let it get "personal". I am fairly sure you have nothing to worry about.

I did, I told her that the holiday was last week so there is a delay in the shipping. She has a pendant i just emailed her on her site... She if she responds back. But it's easily worth $200-250. Asking $65 for.... Should probably stay away... Here is a one of the listings...

To All Watchers on this ring Please think of Bidding or Please don't watch!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Just my opinion but I'd open on her and report the buyer...I'd take that message as a threat since you have no control over the mail.

You guys need to learn not to take this stuff personally... Threat? No. More like overzealous customer.

It isn't our business to be the ebay police and to "right all the wrongs" we encounter on ebay. Do business, make money, repeat. Take the good with the bad and try not to sweat the small stuff.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sent me for other emails saying I'm going out of business she will have my account shut down for good. She knows a lot of people and they will make sure I go out of business! So I called eBay I did reporter and they said that if anybody or her leave negative feedback that they will look at my emails and close her account more than likely. I've never had so much drama over a three dollar item. And maybe I'm making it worse because I keep responding back to her but I just respond back with the information it says on the website as far as tracking!

But it was shipped the day after payment was made there's nothing else I can do about that. Maybe next time she can go to the store and pay retail for something that's not real silver and then be pissed about it!

One of the things I was told she is disabled and I am slower than her! And she is so furious that it's not there that she blocked me so that she can never do business with me again! So how do you feel about that!

But I'm done communicating with her she can write whatever she wants to I'm just going to ignore it.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
And she is so furious that it's not there that she blocked me so that she can never do business with me again!

I've heard of a seller blocking a buyer (I was, in fact, going to suggest you do just that) but I have never heard of a buyer blocking a seller. Can you even do that?

Here is a little sidebar observation along these lines... My wife lists primarily low value (usually less than $20) items on eBay. Conversely, I tend to buy and list more expensive stuff (mostly $40+ items and often much more than that). It seems like my wife has had a LOT more trouble with cranks and deadbeats than I have. I actually sell more things than she does but she seems to have much more customer trouble than me. Maybe "low rent" buyers tend to have "low class" personalities? :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She sent me for other emails saying I'm going out of business she will have my account shut down for good. She knows a lot of people and they will make sure I go out of business! So I called eBay I did reporter and they said that if anybody or her leave negative feedback that they will look at my emails and close her account more than likely. I've never had so much drama over a three dollar item. And maybe I'm making it worse because I keep responding back to her but I just respond back with the information it says on the website as far as tracking!

But it was shipped the day after payment was made there's nothing else I can do about that. Maybe next time she can go to the store and pay retail for something that's not real silver and then be pissed about it!

One of the things I was told she is disabled and I am slower than her! And she is so furious that it's not there that she blocked me so that she can never do business with me again! So how do you feel about that!

But I'm done communicating with her she can write whatever she wants to I'm just going to ignore it.

Sounds like a threat to me... Just save all her emails...

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of a seller blocking a buyer (I was, in fact, going to suggest you do just that) but I have never heard of a buyer blocking a seller. Can you even do that?

Here is a little sidebar observation along these lines... My wife lists primarily low value (usually less than $20) items on eBay. Conversely, I tend to buy and list more expensive stuff (mostly $40+ items and often much more than that). It seems like my wife has had a LOT more trouble with cranks and deadbeats than I have. I actually sell more things than she does but she seems to have much more customer trouble than me. Maybe "low rent" buyers tend to have "low class" personalities? :dontknow:

Less "low class personality" than the fact that just issuing a refund and moving on is (unfortunately) the only sane strategy for dealing with the small change. Scammers and cranks know that sellers are more likely to fight and eBay is more likely to intervene on big transactions, so they concentrate on the easy writeoffs. Really no way around it. :dontknow:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I refunded her the $3. Then I can follow up email from her saying this... Thanks a lot for not sending me my package. I can't believe you have such bad customer service and why would anybody buy anything from you if you can't get the items to them in the mail! Why don't you take some time today and call the post office and figure out where my package is!! I'm not going to do it it's not my responsibility you better call today and find out where it is!!

But it's a three dollar item and I spent to much time dealing with this garbage so I'm not calling to find out where anything is!!

She has been nothing but rude to me, talking negative and I don't understand how she thinks it's my fault the item did not show up to her!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just send her a reply stating "our transaction is complete, there will be no further communication."

Life too short to stress out over $3.00 item..

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you look at the feedback she leaves others? Just curious if she is one of those people that are never happy

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Block her. And give us her ID so we can also! It is easier to keep someone from ever bidding in the first place, if they are going to be a PITA.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never understand why you refunded her. Ebay would not have taken her side due to the threats. Anytime someone resorts to threats they are a bully and by responding at all you are feeding into it. To refund her you actually encourage her to continue this asinine behavior with others. $3.00 is $3.00 If you cared enough to pack it up for that you should care enough to go through the process. Most of the work would have been on her in this instance.

I am disappointed.

Well I refunded her the $3. Then I can follow up email from her saying this... Thanks a lot for not sending me my package. I can't believe you have such bad customer service and why would anybody buy anything from you if you can't get the items to them in the mail! Why don't you take some time today and call the post office and figure out where my package is!! I'm not going to do it it's not my responsibility you better call today and find out where it is!!

But it's a three dollar item and I spent to much time dealing with this garbage so I'm not calling to find out where anything is!!

She has been nothing but rude to me, talking negative and I don't understand how she thinks it's my fault the item did not show up to her!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never understand why you refunded her. Ebay would not have taken her side due to the threats. Anytime someone resorts to threats they are a bully and by responding at all you are feeding into it. To refund her you actually encourage her to continue this asinine behavior with others. $3.00 is $3.00 If you cared enough to pack it up for that you should care enough to go through the process. Most of the work would have been on her in this instance.

I am disappointed.

I completely agree!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blocked means blocked, regardless if buying or selling. There are 26 names on my list.

ps- Yeah, I wouldn't have refunded her a single dime unless absolutely necessary. I would have just ignored her.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should have told her to spend that refund at her local pharmacy so she can get back on her "meds"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread