Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup....doesn't take a genius to figure out where the money is. Ebay makes money from ALL sales, including counterfeits. The only thing they worry about is getting caught, and sued.
Jim

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So ebay got caught red handed and are now trying to cover their a$$. Just another reason why I don't use them any more. That and the account freezing jerks at PayPal. For more on the PayPal wrong doings.... http://www.screw-paypal.com/

Last edited:
OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What the heck is an abusive buyer? What idiot at ebay thought up that?

An abusive buyer is one who consistently leaves negative feedback or uses feedback as a means to obtain full or partial refunds.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! I gotta like that :laughing7:
yes of course the counterfeiters should be Reigned in and at the very least be forced
to make it clear they are selling copies.

But I also agree with the "abusive buyer" accusations.

"abusive member" or "Snich" fits better though

after all they are a Business & as a Business do you want Snitches watching every move you make.

get a job anywhere and start Tattling on all the things you don't like.
see how long you last.
depending on the Job, You may end up with Cement Loafers. :laughing7:

Most people are Happy when they are out from under their parents Eyes & Judgement :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, you're WAY offbase. The guy isn't buying and returning stuff to make money, and he isn't employed by anybody. What he's doing is calling out cheats. I sure don't have a problem with that. If you were making and selling a product, how would you like somebody else stealing your idea, and selling a cheapo version of it? It would cost you sales, and hurt the reputation of your product. A guy that calls that out should be appreciated.
Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, you're WAY offbase. The guy isn't buying and returning stuff to make money, and he isn't employed by anybody. What he's doing is calling out cheats. I sure don't have a problem with that. If you were making and selling a product, how would you like somebody else stealing your idea, and selling a cheapo version of it? It would cost you sales, and hurt the reputation of your product. A guy that calls that out should be appreciated.
Jim

you're certainly entitled to that opinion,
but to me a snitch is a snitch.
it's one thing to call someone out

& another to devote your life to snitching .

Just not cool in my eyes.
especially when you pick some one or some company and devote your life to Harassing them & their workers/Customers/members whatever

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated in the article.
The Counterfeit Report also bought fake Apple iPhone chargers, which have been implicated in starting fires, as well as counterfeit over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, sporting goods, fragrances, auto accessories, and more. Fake OTC's? Well what's in the pills/capsules then? Something that would cause an allergic action and death? Fake iphone chargers that start fires? Not cool...

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely the invisible hand of the free market will stop this before anyone is harmed, lol.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I look at this exactly the way I'd look at it if it were a drunk getting into a car. You're at a bar. You see a drunk. An hour later you see the drunk getting behind the wheel. Are you a bad person for calling the cops? Or, are you going to let that guy drive, and maybe kill somebody? You can't have it both ways.
Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I look at this exactly the way I'd look at it if it were a drunk getting into a car. You're at a bar. You see a drunk. An hour later you see the drunk getting behind the wheel. Are you a bad person for calling the cops? Or, are you going to let that guy drive, and maybe kill somebody? You can't have it both ways.
Jim

OK say you would do what you consider the right thing & Take his keys & get him a ride home. :occasion14::notworthy:

Or snitch To a cop & Get him arrested for DUI before he even pulls out on the road. :unhappysmiley:

and pat yourself on the back . More Power to ya !!! :unhappysmiley:

But if you were to set yourself out in front of that Bar, Or sit inside
and Every time someone walks out the door
You look to see if he's heading to a car, Then Nark on him.

How long do you think the Cops & the Bar Owner, and the Customers will
sit back and say He's a good Man :thumbsup:

yes I even think the cops would eventually ream you out if you
don't get worse before hand.

there is just so much snitching anyone will put up with.
Especially when most Snitches will get worse over time picking on the Tiny things just to feed that Habit of Snitching.

I have seen it here.
First it's actual Swear words, & then it's abreviations, & then it's words like poop
that get reported :BangHead: and of course everything becomes racist. all because
I jumped once for them.

and I'll bet this whistle blower got hooked and was reporting legal copies.
and even legit items he/she simply suspected because of asking price

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK say you would do what you consider the right thing & Take his keys & get him a ride home. :occasion14::notworthy:

Or snitch To a cop & Get him arrested for DUI before he even pulls out on the road. :unhappysmiley:

and pat yourself on the back . More Power to ya !!! :unhappysmiley:

But if you were to set yourself out in front of that Bar, Or sit inside
and Every time someone walks out the door
You look to see if he's heading to a car, Then Nark on him.

How long do you think the Cops & the Bar Owner, and the Customers will
sit back and say He's a good Man :thumbsup:

yes I even think the cops would eventually ream you out if you
don't get worse before hand.

there is just so much snitching anyone will put up with.
Especially when most Snitches will get worse over time picking on the Tiny things just to feed that Habit of Snitching.

I have seen it here.
First it's actual Swear words, & then it's abreviations, & then it's words like poop
that get reported :BangHead: and of course everything becomes racist. all because
I jumped once for them.

and I'll bet this whistle blower got hooked and was reporting legal copies.
and even legit items he/she simply suspected because of asking price
So, you think it's important that the people partly responsible for the potential drunk driver think you're
a good guy? Unbelievable. Usually, doing the right thing means going against the crowd. I've never worried about the crowd, myself. And, I think I have a pretty good idea of what the "right" thing is. I see something ugly being done, I don't have a problem stepping-up. regardless of what the crowd thinks.
Jim

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated in the article.
The Counterfeit Report also bought fake Apple iPhone chargers, which have been implicated in starting fires, as well as counterfeit over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, sporting goods, fragrances, auto accessories, and more. Fake OTC's? Well what's in the pills/capsules then? Something that would cause an allergic action and death? Fake iphone chargers that start fires? Not cool...

This is my thing^^
Sure, shame on snitches! You see someone commit a murder....big deal, be quiet...not my problem, live and let live. So later on he kills your child. Well gee, too bad no snitchin'. There has to be a line. as a young lad I knew people, their favorite saying was snitches wind up in ditches... They were all criminals! Later on in life I helped my cousin with bail enforcement. We used "snitches" to help us find the bad guys. A child molester needs to go down, If a snitch helps that happens, he is considered a good person. No? I guess I'm suposed to say.....sorry no snitchin'. I would think fellow humans could look out for each other.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my thing^^
Sure, shame on snitches! You see someone commit a murder....big deal, be quiet...not my problem, live and let live. So later on he kills your child. Well gee, too bad no snitchin'. There has to be a line. as a young lad I knew people, their favorite saying was snitches wind up in ditches... They were all criminals! Later on in life I helped my cousin with bail enforcement. We used "snitches" to help us find the bad guys. A child molester needs to go down, If a snitch helps that happens, he is considered a good person. No? I guess I'm suposed to say.....sorry no snitchin'. I would think fellow humans could look out for each other.

again My point isn't getting across.
Perhaps it's me & my style of Writing :tongue3:

If someone wishes to report something they see wrong,
I see no problem with it.
I even appreciate it here.
depending on what it is,
I may feel the reporter is over reacting.
We all have our own level of tolerance.
and thoughts on right, wrong & funny.
& I don't consider that snitching.

My problem is still people who elect themselves savior
and become a nuisance.

which I'm sure this Ebay Nark (for lack of a better word)
would have required a battery of researchers
just to keep up with all the complaints.
Again I would have Banned him/her/it too.

& I'm guessing this Whistle blower should be Plural,
as it was probably a large operation of wanna be saviors.
with nothing better to do then read everything on Ebay.

if someone come on Tnet and started Micro Managing every single post
and reporting every single thing they don't like, certain words,
calling members liars in reports,
claiming everything is racist or an attack, I can guarantee
they would soon have problems logging in :laughing7:

however if someone sees something that is clearly against our rules,
their report would be appreciated.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again My point isn't getting across.
Perhaps it's me & my style of Writing :tongue3:

If someone wishes to report something they see wrong,
I see no problem with it.
I even appreciate it here.
depending on what it is,
I may feel the reporter is over reacting.
We all have our own level of tolerance.
and thoughts on right, wrong & funny.
& I don't consider that snitching.

My problem is still people who elect themselves savior
and become a nuisance.

which I'm sure this Ebay Nark (for lack of a better word)
would have required a battery of researchers
just to keep up with all the complaints.
Again I would have Banned him/her/it too.

& I'm guessing this Whistle blower should be Plural,
as it was probably a large operation of wanna be saviors.
with nothing better to do then read everything on Ebay.

if someone come on Tnet and started Micro Managing every single post
and reporting every single thing they don't like, certain words,
calling members liars in reports,
claiming everything is racist or an attack, I can guarantee
they would soon have problems logging in :laughing7:

however if someone sees something that is clearly against our rules,
their report would be appreciated.
So basically your saying you don't like whistle blowers or watchdog (snitch) groups that specifically look for wrong doings? Though i'm all for live and let live in our personal lives, I think sometimes the whistle needs blowing when it involves certain illegal activities. That doesn't mean the guy that's burning trash in his back yard without a permit, or sitting on his porch burning a doobie, it means the guy next door that's beating his kids, kicking his dog and slapping his wife. Same goes for ANYTHING counterfeit being sold as genuine. Counterfeiters do nothing but drive down the market on the real items they are faking. In this respect, I think watchdog groups are a necessary evil, as one man cannot bring down an army.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So basically your saying you don't like whistle blowers or watchdog (snitch) groups that specifically look for wrong doings? Though i'm all for live and let live in our personal lives, I think sometimes the whistle needs blowing when it involves certain illegal activities. That doesn't mean the guy that's burning trash in his back yard without a permit, or sitting on his porch burning a doobie, it means the guy next door that's beating his kids, kicking his dog and slapping his wife. Same goes for ANYTHING counterfeit being sold as genuine. Counterfeiters do nothing but drive down the market on the real items they are faking. In this respect, I think watchdog groups are a necessary evil, as one man cannot bring down an army.

No I don't particularly like Whistle Blowers.
unless of course they are Blowing the Whistle on Whistle Blowers,
Law makers & govt. Officials who are responsible for all the things that keep us Down with their
laws etc.

I'm no fan of Baby Sitters for adults

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was trying to find utube videos to go along with this ,
for those who perhaps have never seen these movies,
but can't.

I suppose these 2 Movie Scenes made the Biggest Impression on my Mind
when thinking about Watch Dog Groups.

Even though they are still fiction .

Fahrenheit 451 When the Sirens went off & everyone like Robots walked outside
and Watched for the So called Criminal. (add the fact they had no problem
Narking on friends & Family) over books no less, just because there is a law :(

and the Movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers & the way they
would point & scream when they saw someone who was not like them.

It disgusts (& scares) me to think things like that, even though fiction,
are not that far off from what things are really like these days.

think about it :(

& even scarier, a large majority want this

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you start in with that stuff, you're really going off the deep end. In the first place, the behavior that the original subject did was to out criminal behavior. What people selling counterfeits are doing is FRAUD!...that's criminal. Now, there are two kinds of law in the world. Man's law, and Natural law. Natural law is the sort of law that almost all of us adhere to. Don't steal, don't lie, don't murder, etc. Without those Natural Laws, there is no civilization. Man's law, on the other hand, can include some natural law, but often drifts into areas that men have no business being involved in...such as the size of soda you buy, or the car you buy, or whether you smoke, or not, etc. Generally, snitching is involved in the latter type of offenses.
In the military, we called these people 'JOE DUTY".....their motto was "Joe Duty is my name., and turning people in is my game". They "snitched", if you will, for every tiny infraction of military law.....most of it infractions that had no bearing on the smooth functioning of the military. Obviously, I'm not advocating that behavior.
So, the subject of the original post wasn't a Joe Duty. He was performing a service we should all perform....he was defending Natural Law....not Man's Law. Let's not confuse the issue.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions