Now thats a package!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to add more tape tomorrow but wrapping up that box made me sweat! A large box that had a air-conditioning unit in it now has a large copper eagle in it! Not sure of the weight yet but it was a pain glad it's done!

image-2860248522.jpg

image-3875599985.jpg

Now when I wake up I can going to more yard sales instead of putting this together!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is going to be expensive to ship! Looks like a money maker though.

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That box is HUGE. I've only shipped one thing that was close to that size, but this one is bigger. I'm curious to find out how much the shipping costs, and the weights and dimensions.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That box is HUGE. I've only shipped one thing that was close to that size, but this one is bigger. I'm curious to find out how much the shipping costs, and the weights and dimensions.

I don't want to see how much it's going to cost. But either way I doubled what I paid. I would like more but to be honest it was too big to keep my garage with all my kids and their bikes and their toys... I was afraid it was going to get damaged. It's not all that heavy and it's not going across the country thank goodness. I did ship something that was heavier than this and it was bigger went to California. There was actually two boxes and it costs $80 for shipping from Florida to California. FedEx of course. If it was the Postal Service I'd have to take a loan out on my house in order to mail it! I bet it still going to be at least $60 though maybe $50.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to see how much it's going to cost. But either way I doubled what I paid. I would like more but to be honest it was too big to keep my garage with all my kids and their bikes and their toys... I was afraid it was going to get damaged. It's not all that heavy and it's not going across the country thank goodness. I did ship something that was heavier than this and it was bigger went to California. There was actually two boxes and it costs $80 for shipping from Florida to California. FedEx of course. If it was the Postal Service I'd have to take a loan out on my house in order to mail it! I bet it still going to be at least $60 though maybe $50.

When they get that big, they charge the dimensional weight instead of the actual weight usually. I shipped a box a little smaller that that one from here to INDIA. It was a university buying a robot from me. I have no idea what the shipping cost - they gave me a DHL account to charge it to. The robot was $600, the shipping was probably more.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what it cost for postage. How much did you get for that weather vane? I have one similar but I've never listed it. They were selling between $100 and $500 the last time I checked.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know what it cost for postage. How much did you get for that weather vane? I have one similar but I've never listed it. They were selling between $100 and $500 the last time I checked.

I sold it for $250 shipped. So I'm going make about $100 maybe but it was taking up too much space. Actually the box I had to put in was taking up too much space so it's gone and I will never buy another one of those again.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold it for $250 shipped. So I'm going make about $100 maybe but it was taking up too much space. Actually the box I had to put in was taking up too much space so it's gone and I will never buy another one of those again.
LOL, Mine is sitting on top the freezer on the back porch. I will probably try to sell it at my next (soon) yard sale. Or maybe list it on CL. I have to try and start moving some stuff or I will have to quit buying before long. I refuse to rent another storage unit.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barf!!! $117 to ship it. So I spent $100 to make. $120 back! 23 lbs. measured 30x26x25. Good riddens!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Barf!!! $117 to ship it. So I spent $100 to make. $120 back! 23 lbs. measured 30x26x25. Good riddens!
Wow!!! That sucks!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say good job getting your money back! Sometimes it has to be done. Do some work, cash out, move on.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did make money.

Sometimes you work hard for 20 bucks and sometimes you hardly work for 200.

Law of averages I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread