Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fellas..I'm going to touch on a sensitive subject..negative feedback, especially the unwarranted negs that a lot of sellers are receiving. As primarily a buyer on the Bay, I have NEVER left negative feedback, even when things didn't go perfect-we are human. And as a casual seller, I have received a negative feedback when I had done everything right, and the buyer was being truly malicious, and E-bay refused to remove the neg even though I had corresponded, jumped through hoops etc..but they did remove the truly HORRIBLE, unwarranted comment. There was one seller of silver coins who had over ten thousand transactions, with about 16 negs, and as I checked each one out, I noticed a recurring red flag..that the average feedback for all the buyers was under 30, and some were actually ZERO! I actually saw one neg that was given by a NEW buyer, who had actually cancelled the transaction, gave no reason other than he didn't want it, but was able to leave a NEG!! I know it is unfair for the seller not to leave negatives, but why do they have to suffer the consequences of someone having buyers remorse, or it was a day late, or it had a microscopic scratch...Why doesn't E-bay have a different program in place to protect the seller!? We all know they don't want to scare off any "big spenders"..but I am sure they are bound to lose some great sellers also. I just want to know what you think it would take to change things..as changes are most greatly needed. I may just be spittin' in the wind here or beating a dead horse but hate seeing this continue. Thanks for listening, looking forward to any/all suggestions. Thanks Scott..ddf

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't reply yet, until you've thought long and hard about your response. Especially if it is going to stick forever, you want to seem profesional, fair, and honest.
Also, when I see someone has left neg fb for another, I go look at THAT persons feedback ratings. What THEY said about others, and I too, notice the pattern you mentioned. Or SOME, must be some terribly miserable ppl, NO ONE would ever be able to please. Gimme a minute, I'll try to think of a comeback for you on the reply fb. (I had it happen to me once).

Are we still able to reply to neg fb? it was like 10 yrs ago, when it happened to me.

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might would say something like, "Your fb is unfair and u know it Pls do not buy frm me again. GL in life." Though that is not really good.
Maybe something like "I'm sorry I couldn't pls u. Can any1? Good luck in life, anyway (or, you may need it)" lol. Especially if you see they have left snot fb for others, because everyone can see that. LOL!
The guy that left me bad feedback is still there on my thing, it's so old though, LOL! I thought it had been taken down, LOL. I don't even care, shows I'm not a push over and all my other fb is glowing,
SO there, nwah :tongue3:, LOL :laughing7:

Very poor communication & response to problem,slow transaction. Don't recommend!
Member id webuying ( Feedback Score Of 12)
More than a year ago

Reply by patsy954 (Jan-22-05 22:06):
That was down right rude!You have my emails!You have your items!

The fact that Ebay removed some of the feedback, should have given them a red flag, that this was undeserved fb. Do you think if you got a different rep on the phone, you may would get a different result from ebay? Did you not get the survey about your experience with them? Or, maybe send them an email, and they will get back in touch with you.
GL and try not to let it get to you, too bad.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patsy, thanks for the input..great stuff!! My neg fb was years ago and has since long dropped off. What I am fishing for..is a way for E-bay to overhaul the fb process altogether so the good guys don't get punished for unwarranted negative feedback. When I got mine..I was CRUSHED...What had happened was, I sold an item ($12.00..shipped), the SAME day it sold, and it came back to me "undeliverable as addressed". So after double/triple checking the address-which was correct on my end, I sent several..NUMEROUS messages to the buyer (fb less than 10) asking about the address and what to do from there. NO response..I sent at least two messages a day with no response. After two weeks..BLAM!..NEG!! with "SELLER IS A CROOK!!!"....Really...you have GOT to be kidding me. And yes I talked to more than one rep at E-bay, even got one English speaking rep, who..after many pleas to remove the fb, and reviewing my many messages to the buyer, all I got was "we'll remove the comments, however the neg fb will stay"...He did admit that that was unfair..but it was "policy"..ugh..I am sure that just about every seller on here has experienced something similar to this, so you know where I was at that point. You would think that with the endless resources there, they could put a system/program into place where we could submit unwarranted fb for removal, as long as it met some requirements..(100% fb, correspondence, etc.). They do handle non-pays and other situations on a one-on-one basis, why not do this for the good guys who deserve it? I know this is a old, worn out issue but is a glaring defect in the system that can really throw a monkey wrench in the works. Thx all...ddf

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the reply only based on the facts and do not personally attack them, anything personal will just reflect poorly on you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I might would say something like, "Your fb is unfair and u know it Pls do not buy frm me again. GL in life." Though that is not really good.
Maybe something like "I'm sorry I couldn't pls u. Can any1? Good luck in life, anyway (or, you may need it)" lol. Especially if you see they have left snot fb for others, because everyone can see that. LOL!
The guy that left me bad feedback is still there on my thing, it's so old though, LOL! I thought it had been taken down, LOL. I don't even care, shows I'm not a push over and all my other fb is glowing,
SO there, nwah :tongue3:, LOL :laughing7:

Very poor communication & response to problem,slow transaction. Don't recommend!
Member id webuying ( Feedback Score Of 12)
More than a year ago

Reply by patsy954 (Jan-22-05 22:06):
That was down right rude!You have my emails!You have your items!

The fact that Ebay removed some of the feedback, should have given them a red flag, that this was undeserved fb. Do you think if you got a different rep on the phone, you may would get a different result from ebay? Did you not get the survey about your experience with them? Or, maybe send them an email, and they will get back in touch with you.
GL and try not to let it get to you, too bad.

What exactly was "rude" about the negative feedback you received?

Sounds like the buyer gave factual statements that could be proven by actual events (if they are true). I did not see any opinions or personal feelings injected into his comment.

It is possible that you did not agree with his comments but that doesn't make his comments "rude"...

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey fellas..I'm going to touch on a sensitive subject..negative feedback, especially the unwarranted negs that a lot of sellers are receiving. As primarily a buyer on the Bay, I have NEVER left negative feedback, even when things didn't go perfect-we are human. And as a casual seller, I have received a negative feedback when I had done everything right, and the buyer was being truly malicious, and E-bay refused to remove the neg even though I had corresponded, jumped through hoops etc..but they did remove the truly HORRIBLE, unwarranted comment. There was one seller of silver coins who had over ten thousand transactions, with about 16 negs, and as I checked each one out, I noticed a recurring red flag..that the average feedback for all the buyers was under 30, and some were actually ZERO! I actually saw one neg that was given by a NEW buyer, who had actually cancelled the transaction, gave no reason other than he didn't want it, but was able to leave a NEG!! I know it is unfair for the seller not to leave negatives, but why do they have to suffer the consequences of someone having buyers remorse, or it was a day late, or it had a microscopic scratch...Why doesn't E-bay have a different program in place to protect the seller!? We all know they don't want to scare off any "big spenders"..but I am sure they are bound to lose some great sellers also. I just want to know what you think it would take to change things..as changes are most greatly needed. I may just be spittin' in the wind here or beating a dead horse but hate seeing this continue. Thanks for listening, looking forward to any/all suggestions. Thanks Scott..ddf

Negative feedback due to buyer's remorse will be removed by ebay customer service per their rules.

All someone needs to do is take action and learn how ebay's system works. This is much more effective than just complaining that the "system is unfair", etc.

keith2004

Jun 16, 2012
alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an occasional neg FB won't affect your sells so why worry about it.as a buyer when i check a sellers FB and i see "12,000 postive FB,0 neg" i think thats wierd and don't buy.1000+ with 5 negs is normal because theres always a few aholes in every crowd.as a seller i only accept Paypal which verifies all shipping addresses .if i haven't been paid after 3 days i open an unpaid claim which,i belive, prevents them from leaving a neg FB.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a newbie leave negative feedback. She said my junk jewelry was awful. I was so upset. They would not remove it, but I did rebut it. I would have refunded her the money and let her keep the junk if she had asked. It was the first contact I had from the buyer.
I just was on the phone with Ebay, and they said that after a year it is removed, and my percent will go back up to 100%. Yay. So it's not forever. Funny thing is, I left "negative" positive feedback for this buyer. I recently checked and saw other sellers did the same thing. And no, Ebay doesn't care. Problem is that you and I will keep listing cuz we need them more than they need us.

OP
OP
dirtdigginfool

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negative feedback due to buyer's remorse will be removed by ebay customer service per their rules.

All someone needs to do is take action and learn how ebay's system works. This is much more effective than just complaining that the "system is unfair", etc.

jb..like I stated, I am mainly a buyer, and only an occasional seller. I have nothing to personally "complain" about, I was simply stating that the system IS unfair to sellers and was simply looking for some positive input, as there are a lot of good guys getting bashed with negative feedback who should not be. Just trying to put something out there, you never know, maybe the powers that be watch and listen. Thanks for the suggestions...ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions