dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The lady Postmaster told me that USPS insurance ABSOLUTELY will not pay out more than provable value (I guess it's the amount the item sold for on Ebay), but that doesn't take into account my time, trouble and expense I've sunk into the project.

Is there any wiggle room on this? :dontknow:

Keep on Rollin'.

What about the cost of shipping?

Sent from an empty soda can!

OP
OP
Piledriver

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I'm in the middle of my first claim, and ignorant.
I don't know whether they reimburse for shipping or not.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I don't either. Seems like a bad deal if they don't

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No they don't reimburse the shipping unless the item is lost or totally destroyed. Not for damages though. Sometimes it's good to offer free shipping. This is one reason why. Also you must have proof of actual value of the item, no wiggle room for an ebay sale.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No they don't unless the item is lost or totally destroyed. Not for damages though. Sometimes it's good to offer free shipping. This is one reason why.

So they will pay loss of item but still charge shipping? For a lost or damaged item?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would argue with them on the shipping costs, if they destroyed or lost the item.
They CHARGE for their service, if they don't perform the service, then they have no right to keep your money. I would consider it "theft by deception" promising something(service) for money and not delivering said promise, (no?)
If you pay for a service you don't get, I would be asking for my money back for the shipping, too! They DIDN'T do the job they were paid to do!

My last priority order, I put the insured value down as the product + shipping costs. Idk if that'll help, hopefully the pckg will make it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I would argue with them on the shipping costs, if they destroyed or lost the item.
They CHARGE for their service, if they don't perform the service, then they have no right to keep your money. I would consider it "theft by deception" promising something(service) for money and not delivering said promise, (no?)
If you pay for a service you don't get, I would be asking for my money back for the shipping, too! They DIDN'T do the job they were paid to do!

My last priority order, I put the insured value down as the product + shipping costs. Idk if that'll help, hopefully the pckg will make it.

That's how I feel about it too

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uh oh! :laughing7: I forgot to add the disclaimer...... :laughing7:

AND YA'LL ARE LISTENING TO A CAT!? LAWL! LOL! :laughing7:

Ok, you do need a certain jena say qua :tongue3:, or that chit eating Chesire cat grin and stupid tenaciousness.....
as I've learned, the kitty kitten kwualities, may be lost, on some...... :laughing7:

oh lordy :-\ good luck fella! :laughing7:

widdlekitty.jpg

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from the DMM:
"5.4 Loss or Total Damage
If the insured, registered, or COD article is lost or the entire contents totally damaged, the payment includes an additional amount for the postage (not fee) paid by the sender. Postage for Express Mail is refunded under 604.9.5."

The only part not refundable is the insurance fee if you purchased insurance above the $50.00 that comes with priority.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I mailed a package on Dec. 1. The tracking shows it never left my city. I called the PO, and opened a case to find where the package was. The woman who took it lumped two missing packages together. The second one was found, the first is lost. They have no idea where it is; they closed my case because the one package is located.

Here's my dilemma ... the buyer hasn't contacted me. He hasn't left me feedback either. Do I PM him and ask if he got the package? Am I opening a can of worms? Dec 31 I can file a claim ... but it is a waste of time if the buyer actually got the package and no one bothered to scanned it. wwyd?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mailed a package on Dec. 1. The tracking shows it never left my city. I called the PO, and opened a case to find where the package was. The woman who took it lumped two missing packages together. The second one was found, the first is lost. They have no idea where it is; they closed my case because the one package is located.

Here's my dilemma ... the buyer hasn't contacted me. He hasn't left me feedback either. Do I PM him and ask if he got the package? Am I opening a can of worms? Dec 31 I can file a claim ... but it is a waste of time if the buyer actually got the package and no one bothered to scanned it. wwyd?
If it doesn't show delivered via tracking number then technically, a dishonest buyer could claim they never received it, even if they did. Until it shows delivered, you are liable. If the postal worker didn't scan it when delivered then the liability lies with the USPS. Open a separate case with the PO for that particular package. That is your only option at this point. What did you say to her when she told you the case was closed because one package was found? The "woman" should never have lumped two missing packages together to begin with, not if it's going to close the case when only one is found, idiot. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The "woman" should never have lumped two missing packages together to begin with, not if it's going to close the case when only one is found, idiot. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
We are talking USPS here. None of it makes sense! How can you buy postage, and they are not responsible if you don't take insurance? They are supposed to provide a service. If they lose it while in their care, they are responsible. But no, not if you don't pay extra for insurance. Priority means nothing. It can take 3 weeks to arrive, and there is no recourse, nothing. I hate the whole system, but they are cheaper than anyone else. I already get complaints for charging $3.75 for first class. Thing is, it costs me $3.63 for postage. That doesn't include my envelope, card stock to print packing slip, tissue paper, plastic bag, etc. I hate USPS, but until there is another option that runs the same price, I have to use it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I'm scared to contact the buyer. I'm leaving it alone until I hear from him.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yup, usps sucks!!! In my little town one of the workers is nasty and in a bad mood almost all the time. But he still lee his job! Most everyone I know dislikes him. It's so bad I drive to the next town over to keep from dealing with him and his attitude...try keeping a job with a attitude like that in the private sector!

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, usps sucks!!! In my little town one of the workers is nasty and in a bad mood almost all the time. But he still lee his job! Most everyone I know dislikes him. It's so bad I drive to the next town over to keep from dealing with him and his attitude...try keeping a job with a attitude like that in the private sector!

My WalMart is mostly staffed with people like that.

CMan1

Nov 21, 2014
Treasure Coast 1715 Florida
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even hand them a package to mail. Carrier throws them under seat. Scan's them end of day which should be scanned pick up and delivery.
What more can we say they loose sometimes over a billion a quarter.

I feel the package was delivered. The person would have contacted you if they didn't receive it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions