My First Scam of 2015?

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Alleged grandmom sent candy to her grandson in Killeen, TX. I shipped it 12- 16 in a Large Priority Mailing Box. Very expensive and heavy box of candy. My shipping was $20.00 done on ebay. Package was delivered 12-22nd.
Receive a message today from grandmom that it was never received. She has filed an insurance claim with the PO. Which we know is going to get denied. She never notified me until today or opened a case. But hits me with "I don't know what I am going to do about your feedback" So I am waiting for what you going to give me, or you should send another box. Thirty days exactly from delivery she contacts me. If my expensive Christmas present wasn't delivered. I think I would be notifying the seller!!!:BangHead:

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming since it was going to her grandson, it wasn't sent to the PayPal verified address...

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes it was a confirmed address. However I do ship gift requests to another address for numerous customers. I know I am taking a chance. But I have never had a problem yet and I would be turning away a lot of business.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it was a confirmed address. However I do ship gift requests to another address for numerous customers. I know I am taking a chance. But I have never had a problem yet and I would be turning away a lot of business.

Good, so you are covered with the delivery confirmation.

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did she communicate with you through Ebay's messaging system? If so, if she leaves bad feedback, you can have it removed.

OP
OP
NJcigarman

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes I know, I have been nice to her and letting it play out. She never asked me for anything so I was waiting for her to make a move. However I did tell her ebay had notified the Postal Inspectors being this was delivered 12-22. They would probably make contact with her mail person. Late today I received this message.

Hi. Just thought I would let you know that my daughter called us at about 4:30 pm. today and said that the pepper mint patties were in the mail today with the shipping date 12/15/2014 on it.

Tracking

Delivered, In/At Mailbox
Dec-22-14, 13:25 PM, KILLEEN, TX 76549

Out for Delivery
Dec-22-14, 09:40 AM, KILLEEN, TX 76542

Sorting Complete
Dec-22-14, 09:30 AM, KILLEEN, TX 76542

Arrived at Post Office

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
That lying group of lazy folks over at the Post Office! They should be ashamed of themselves, claiming delivery of items that they have obviously been purposely holding in the mail truck all of this time!
Did "Grandma" say that the candy was in awful condition since its been sitting around for a month?! Thanks for posting! I will use that "eBay will be contacting the Postal Inspectors" when I need it in the future!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that was tremendously well played.

However, I am still left wondering if this was a grandma who didn't receive a thank you or are people that desperate for delicious candy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread