# 10 for returns.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one I had checked out by a professional car mechanic that deals with mustangs and has dealt with them for probably 40 years. But he looked at it and told me it was a Mustang steering wheel for a 65 Mustang. So a month after being sold, here is my email:

Dear beachkid23,

Good morning I m just getting around to putting this steering wheel on and I find out it is not the proper wheel for a mustang on top of that the center piece is not correct for a mustang someone has butchered this steering wheel Im not too impressed with this at all just thought before I give a negative feedback you might want to make good on this let me know please thanks

Thanks for the threat buddy... I'm just curious why somebody who's dealt with these for so long would not tell me the truth about it. This month has really made me consider going back to work full-time and just doing this part time. It's like nothing goes right lately. It sold for $125.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Doubtful that your mechanic friend "lied" about it. More likely that he was simply mistaken. I'm a Camaro guy. Been messing with them 40 years myself. Alot of the old steering wheels are very similar but not an exact match. For example 60s Camaros, Chevelles, Corvettes, etc all had an optional wood rim steering wheel. They are ALL slightly different but look the same at first glance. It's very possible the wheel you have is from a different Ford model and looks similar to a Mustang wheel. Do your own research, find out for sure what it's for & relist it. You're not out anything unless you throw it away. Start here... https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...sedr...0...1ac.1.61.img..26.1.890.IWJehX-TcDs If you'd like to PM me the Ebay link I'll be glad to have a look at the pics & see if I can ID the wheel. I have spent half my life managing auto salvage yards & playing with 60s musclecars

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just refunded him. He called me and we did face time. He showed me that it wasn't matching up so I just refunded him.

However I did get number 11 return today as well. another $149 item.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
This month has really made me consider going back to work full-time and just doing this part time. It's like nothing goes right lately. It sold for $125.
Could be you should get a real job ……. I could never do that Ebay thing for a living…. I really do not know how you guys put up with it ? I sell on it but not for a living.. So when i have a problem and that is not to often ….. I just fix it right away and never look back at it..

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This month has really made me consider going back to work full-time and just doing this part time.
Yep, too much ebay can cause one to appreciate that time clock (and an already set up business) a whole lot more, huh? :laughing7:
You can leave it all at the office, when you clock out(unless you work on commission).

I used to do well selling collectibles for a fella, had a store I also worked at part time. Because of his contracts with Harbour Light, Harmony Kingdom, Gene Dolls, Armani, etc.... he couldn't list his store stuff under his name on ebay. Those light houses and dolls would sell at $100 or more a pop. It was a nice little set-up, for both of us.
I often wonder, how many stores are just sitting on product, that ain't moving...... :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catch 22 I guess. Win some loose some. Did electrical work up Till the recession. In my first 2 yrs of being married had off 10 days maybe. Worked us like crazy. Got laid off. Lost everything I had. Besides the car I owned too much on. But 8 months later got a job at the schools. Making 11/hr. Until cuts again. Went to a classroom. Made $8\ hr. Then adopted 3 kids that I wouldn't trade for the world. It's been a tough 6 weeks. But everything has been taken care of. Even give 10% to church. I can't complain about my life. It's good! Got a part time gig starting up... Bigger plans ahead. As for now, one day at a time. I've been offered an electrical job again. $18/ hr to start. Drive from ft myers to Miami and back every day. That's not for me though, right now. I like being a dad. eBay gets us threw and I get to see my kids grow up. My son starts football, my daughter, soccer next month. Maybe buying the house anytime soon is not going to happen. Plus how many say I wish I had more time with them growing up?

I just like to ask for opinions on here and if others have been there delt with that or this. It just sucks having to refund people for dumb stuff. That's all.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could be you should get a real job ……. I could never do that Ebay thing for a living…. I really do not know how you guys put up with it ? I sell on it but not for a living.. So when i have a problem and that is not to often ….. I just fix it right away and never look back at it..

I am a full time seller and can understand why it wouldn't be for everyone. I do consider what I do to be a real job. Just sayin'

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a full time seller and can understand why it wouldn't be for everyone. I do consider what I do to be a real job. Just sayin'

I just did my yearly sales for the year actually I got an email from eBay as well. I made a lot more this year than I did last year. And a lot more than I did the job I had before I quit. Granite there are eBay fees taken out of that and expenses which I still have to figure out still.

Having a real job in reality it was a lot more stressful for me. And my family. I'm going to not complain though. I'm going to make this the best year I've had!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I start work a jewelry store Friday. Right where I want to be. All antique/ vintage stuff!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I start work a jewelry store Friday. Right where I want to be. All antique/ vintage stuff!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the job you wanted!! Hope you still get to do eBay sales as well since you seem to know what you are doing with that to. I would love a part time job in vintage jewelry!!! I walked into a "We Buy Gold" stores that also sells some of the finer jewelry and was asking questions about some of their pieces for sale. Started chatting more with him and the guy asked me if I wanted a job (and he was serious). I seriously thought about taking a part time job there but I think the fear of criminals/thieves/robbers kept me from taking it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. I seriously thought about taking a part time job there but I think the fear of criminals/thieves/robbers kept me from taking it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest with you I think I'm more concerned about walking in the parking lot at the end of the night. This has gone through my mind several times as well in the interview process and everything. Especially if I'm working weekend nights. It has definitely crossed my mind.... But it is in the shopping mall so I will probably wait to walk out with some other people instead of going solo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread