Cant use the phrase "mad men" on ebay anymore.

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an "Emmy consideration" dvd box set that the studios send out to Emmy voters up for sale. It's got mad men in the title and description. I guess if you are selling actual mad men stuff it is ok.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Yeah, if it actually is related to the show, you can use the words. I had a similar problem a while back with Epads. I have 3 epads in boxes, and they say "Epad" on the box in big letters, but I can't use the word Epad in the listing because apparently some other company has the rights to it. I can't even call it what it says it is on the box.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about using "mad man" instead? They don't have that trademarked too. Also try using ePadlink instead of epad, Unless it's a Chinese Ipad clone like this-

EPAD-zenithink-epad-chinitech.jpg

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Talked with an ebay rep and they said they wouldn't try using any close forms of the word mad men. Might get away with it, but I'm not wanting to push it. The epad thing is like what you've pictured.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked with an ebay rep and they said they wouldn't try using any close forms of the word mad men. Might get away with it, but I'm not wanting to push it. The epad thing is like what you've pictured.
I hear you. Seems they pick and choose who to flag. If not, we wouldn't have over 1000 listings using that term in the collectibles category alone. mad men | eBay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions