EBay buyer problems

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold some Legos on eBay a while ago for pretty good money the buyer complained that I put required signature to except the package a few days after that he complained that there was not all Legos there were some clones and duplicates said he had to take out a magnifying glass to look at them so he wanted to return that portion of the Legos for prorate it return I accept it as long as he repaid for the return shipping he didn't want to so he opened the case eBay cited on his side for full refund but he only sent back that partial with the weight of the actual item have y'all ever experienced problems like this and how did it work out for you and as of right now it seems like I'm going to be out all the money and he gets to keep the item because they say they won't take pictures as evidence that the package is small with a label that has an overrated weight on it

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let him know that you have family nearby and that he needs to send back the remaining portion or else. Best case, he sends them back. Worse case, he's looking over his shoulder for awhile. Or let him know that you know where he work (probably not too hard to find actually) and you'll be calling his boss to let him know what type of person he is.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea but I don't want to get involved with stocking situation but if it's legal as soon as eBay decides after I go to and except the package I will post his name for everybody else to watch out for

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to be sure I understand what happened here. Your buyer sent back only a few Legos and kept the rest, right? I presume he printed his postage label on eBay and entered a package weight that would be appropriate if he had sent EVERYTHING back. In other words, he overpaid for return shipping but he got documentation that indicates he sent them all back which he used to make his case to eBay. The end result is he has almost all the Legos and almost all of his money. You wound up with a few Legos and no money. Is that correct? That is the slimy-est eBay scam I've ever heard.

I have no idea how somebody could defend themselves against this kind of thing. I think about all you could do would be to send a strongly worded (not profane but emphatic) message to eBay about exactly what happened here and who did it. It probably won't get your money back but perhaps if this jerk does this to other people, eBay will get a series of complaints about this guy from a variety of sellers telling the same story. Hopefully, ebay will eventually get the message and pull the plug that guy.

Not that it is any of my business but how much did this creep take you for? I understand if you don't want to answer that but I am curious. If you haven't already, block this jerk from bidding on your stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No he didn't wind up getting his full refund he only got partial for the 7 pounds that he sent back luckily. I think the only reason why he didn't get that back is because I was home when the UPS guy showed up to deliver the package and I refused to sign for it because the label said 39 pounds and the packets only weighed 7 pounds so I called eBay.I sounded like a broken record I had to repeat myself several times so we finally agreed on a partial return for the shipping. But I think his intent was for the delivery guy to leave it on my doorstep so it showed that it was delivered and in eBay would have automatically refunded him 300+ dollars then I would've had to prove that only 7 pounds was left there. Some of this is my fault I didn't look through the Legos good enough to tell how many of non-Lego parts were there so I didn't put it in my description that there maybe other than Lego parts which I'll take the blame for that hope this helps to understand everything thanks for looking and reading

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Let him know that you have family nearby and that he needs to send back the remaining portion or else. Best case, he sends them back. Worse case, he's looking over his shoulder for awhile. Or let him know that you know where he work (probably not too hard to find actually) and you'll be calling his boss to let him know what type of person he is.

I really hope you are kidding.

I really hope no one actually listens to this "advice".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread