dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm not totally sure. Are you going to do a store?

Sent from a empty soda can!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure, I'm waiting to see more about it. From what I am seeing, I think I basically would have to pay $19.95 and then everything else would be basically normal with more listings.

They are going to leave the 150 free listings for the basic store even with the changes in May right?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I have a basic store. I signed up for a year so it's $15 and change per month. Without a store you pay 10% fees, with one you pay a max of 9% & in some categories you pay even less. I sell more than $1500 a month & the 1% I save in fees more than covers the store fee. I'm going camping for a couple days & will be able to set my store in vacation mode so I don't have to cancel all my BIN listings while I'm away & relist when I get back.

I'm not up 100% on the May update. They are letting me keep 150 free listings but the ratio between auctions & BIN listings has changed. Theoretically you can list as many auctions as you want for free. The problem is if you start your auction at a minimum you are willing to accept & it doesn't sell it costs 20 cents if you have gone over your allotment. I like to start auctions at the minimum I'll accept which is generally the average of what that item sells for. Obviously I'm hoping I'll get a couple bidders to run it up to the high end of market value. If that doesn't work I list as a BIN & let it run until someone bites. With the new ratio I'll have to change that strategy.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really appreciate your input! I was afraid of that on the auctions.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for posting the information. I wish eBay would just leave things alone.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I just looked at the new fees that start May 1st. Looks like a basic store gets 150 free BIN listings plus 100 auctions in the collectibles category. Final Value Fees (FVF) range from 4-9%. Extra auctions are 25 cents & extra BIN are 20 cents. Without a store you get 20 free listings in any category plus 20 in the collectibles category all with FVF of 10%. Additional aucions/BINs are 30 cents each. Here's eBay's definition of the collectibles category:

Collectibles includes listings in the following categories: Antiques, Art, Coins & Paper Money, Collectibles, Dolls & Bears, Entertainment Memorabilia, Pottery & Glass, Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop, Stamps, Toys & Hobbies.

I'm not extremely happy that my free auctions are limited to the collectibles category but I'll work around it. There are a lot of things I sell that don't fit in that category I'll have to go straight to listing as a BIN.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that sounds good except for the fact of only free auctions in the collectible categories. I sell 1990s toys some too. Most of them have clear values. Why not allow those to be free BIN's? On the same token run some lure lots as auctions and they bid up. It is annoying.

If I do end up doing a store how do I get one?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah that sounds good except for the fact of only free auctions in the collectible categories. I sell 1990s toys some too. Most of them have clear values. Why not allow those to be free BIN's? On the same token run some lure lots as auctions and they bid up. It is annoying.

If I do end up doing a store how do I get one?

I believe it's just as simple as going to eBay and signing up. They tried to talk me into it awhile back when they called me.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the extra $20 tacked onto your invoice?

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I haven't figured out how to look at a detailed invoice & just get the final number every month. I keep track on my own & so far that number reflects the right % FVFs plus the store fee.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Bassmaster, if you do a store keep us posted if you think it's worth the money.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do. I'm about to send you a pm DieselRam.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so apparently I have to verify my paypal account to get a store. Does that mean that I have to put a bank account onto my paypal? Also, can I subscribe at any time during the month or does it have to be for the next month?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Okay, so apparently I have to verify my paypal account to get a store. Does that mean that I have to put a bank account onto my paypal? Also, can I subscribe at any time during the month or does it have to be for the next month?

Yes you have to link s bank account. I think you can unsubscribe anytime

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you think it would be a problem if I started listing with the 20 listings and then decided to go to a store 5 days into the month or something?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
No, I think you can start a store anytime during the month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread