Auction vs fixed price

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This the horrible new spring update in place, how many people are willing to fork over money for the privilege at the attempt to sell your item? I have 150 free fixed price listings, and I think I am just going to stop doing auctions for now. Now worth it, when about a 1/3 of mine sell. I wish they would put vintage jewelry in the collections category!

S

stefen

Personally, I would rather buy knowing the fixed (or make an offer) price than bid on an auction.

If I do make an auction bid, I set a reasonable price limit and get on with life. I don't like to keep tabs on an auction, just don't have the time or inclination...

Many times I have made an offer which are usually accepted. A sale at a slightly lower price is better than holding the item in inventory and not make anything.

I think your smart to sell at a listed price than to be bothered with an auction...unless there is a preset reserve.

Good luck.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This the horrible new spring update in place, how many people are willing to fork over money for the privilege at the attempt to sell your item? I have 150 free fixed price listings, and I think I am just going to stop doing auctions for now. Now worth it, when about a 1/3 of mine sell. I wish they would put vintage jewelry in the collections category!
Hi Mug,
I sell 25 to 30K per month on ebay. I have not ran an "auction" in over two years. All of my listings are fixed price with a make offer I get some stupid offers but just decline them. I sell a lot of stuff. and I never get burned on having to sell and ship things for a dollar!

Cheers friends

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time a fixed price can hurt is if you really don't know the value of an item. I know "someone" on here sold a hat for like $20 when it was worth like $400 if they had auctioned it. I would say if you are sure of the value then go ahead and put a fixed price. Just make sure you take a little extra time to check out the competition so you price yourself for the item to sell.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time a fixed price can hurt is if you really don't know the value of an item. I know "someone" on here sold a hat for like $20 when it was worth like $400 if they had auctioned it. I would say if you are sure of the value then go ahead and put a fixed price. Just make sure you take a little extra time to check out the competition so you price yourself for the item to sell.

You are absolutely correct!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread